ENGIE are recruiting for a Domestic to be based at University Hospital of North Durham, North Road, Durham DH15TW. This is a temporary 6 Month, part time role working 30 hours per week ,
Monday - Friday 13:30 hrs - 20:00 hrs . On offer is a salary of £12,324 per annum.
The role of the Domestic Operative is to provide an effective, responsive cleaning service throughout all Engie managed locations. Ensuring the delivery and maintenance of a high standard of cleanliness, which meets the requirements of the contract. Reporting to the Cleaning Supervisor.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To undertake cleaning tasks, both planned and reactive, throughout the hospital to the required standard using correct cleaning materials, equipment and methods.
· Undertake the damp dusting of furniture, fixtures and fittings.
· To undertake maintenance of floors, including mopping, polishing and scrubbing. This will, on occasion, include the use of industrial cleaning equipment which may include a ‘sit-on’ or walk behind vacuum cleaner or scrubbers.
· To be responsible for vacuum cleaning and carpet water extraction cleaning.
· Undertake cleaning of sanitary areas.
· Undertake the cleaning of Public Areas, including public toilets. This will include the use of steam cleaners for the toilet areas.
· Responsible for the segregation, removal and disposal of waste.
· Responsible for reporting incidents requiring pest control and supporting and assisting the cleaning and maintenance tasks involved with pest control.
· Undertakes the taking down and re-hanging of curtains.
· Responsible for ensuring that Disposal Hold bins are not to be more than 80% full at any time and to make timely request that those bins reaching the 80% mark are emptied.
· To ensure a fresh and hygienic environment within their allocated area of responsibility.
· Responsible for the cleaning of kitchens and equipment.
· Duties will include the use of industrial cleaning equipment.
· To move light equipment i.e. beds, lockers and chairs, to facilitate cleaning.
· Comply with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times.
· Duties will include special cleaning such as Termination and MRSA type infection control cleans. Full training is to be provided.
· Comply with site Infection Control procedures.
· Cleaning of spillage of bodily fluids in non-clinical areas.
· Ensure equipment is stored and maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
· Report the need for equipment, structural and fabric repairs.
· Assist with stock replenishment for wards/departments.
· To undertake mandatory training as appropriate to the job.
· Training will be given in:
· Use of cleaning equipment
· Correct cleaning materials
· Manual handling
· Health & Safety at work, COSHH and Fire Safety
· Special cleans i.e. Termination and MRSA type infection control cleans.
· NVQ Level 2 For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· Previous cleaning experience
· Cleaning in a healthcare environment (desirable)
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.