ENGIE are recruiting for a Day Technician to be based at Muller, The Creamery, Station Road, Minsterley, Shrewsbury SY5 0BN. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm. On offer is a salary of £27,000 - £28,000, dependent upon skills and experience.
The successful candidate will be required to be on call as per business needs, at present 1 in 4. Also required to attend site when on call on a Saturday morning and Sunday morning to carry out site rounds for which a day in lieu is accrued.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, the successful candidate will work within a small team providing the day to day operations and maintenance of the site utilities and system, as well as participating in the on call rota. The ideal candidate may have experience of supervising teams, and will need to be a strong team player who is customer focused and preferably undergone some multi-skill training, although additional training may be offered to the successful candidate. The preferred candidate will benefit from having experience in the following skills.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Day to day operations and maintenance of the site utility including Steam Boilers, Refrigeration, Waste water, Compressed air and associated controls, pumps and distribution systems.
· Experience of safe systems of work and control of contractors
· Experience of working on your own utilising your initiative to provide solutions.
· Possess a can do attitude and flexible approach.
· Working knowledge of preparing method statements, risk assessments, and permits to work.
· Ability to interface with the client and their technical staff with professionalism on a regular basis.
· Ability to plan and work from a computerised PPM system
· Basic IT literacy For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· C&G or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline (electrical desirable)
· Basic Electrical Training/Knowledge
· BOAS Boiler Operators Cert advantageous
· Steam raising plant
· Boiler water chemistry
· Pressure Systems Awareness
· L8 awareness
· Operation of Refrigeration Chillers (F-gas desirable)
· Operation of Compressed air generation & distribution
· Waste water treatment plant operation For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.