Who we are:
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE’s Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
The credit risk department , part of the Risk Department, includes 3 teams: Anti-Money Laundering, Credit Risk Analysis and Reporting
As part of the Credit Analysts team, we are assessing the creditworthiness of GEM’s counterparts and managing the limits accordingly. The economic environment is also key and needs also to be followed
Compliance with GEM risk policy
· Contributes to the local implementation of GEM Credit Risk policy, process and best practices.
· Control credit risk limits for GEM Spain exposure. Investigate and report breaches (passive and active).
Manage GEM Spain counterparts’ portfolio
· Client on-boarding
· Supporting customer relationship development before contract signing: analysis of Front Office’s need, study of the customer’s profile to improve knowledge of the customer.
· Focus on LNG actors
· Proposition and review of credit documents and clauses of netting contracts with customers, in collaboration with the legal department
· Prepare recommendations to Credit Risk Management and to Committees.
Current portfolio management
· Analysis and follow-up of exposures in terms of counterpart risks, credit lines management, and approval of Front Office’s transactions/contracts
· Answer to urgent business interests (check impact of deal interest on current exposure).
· Help analyze project creditworthiness (for both development and production phases) and negotiating & structuring contracts for long term (10y+) power offtake of PV or wind power production
Education and professional background:
· Education level: Master degree or equivalent
· Relevant education background in finance or accounting
· Commodity transactions: products (physical and financial), mechanisms and risks
· Financial analysis (ideally knowledge of credit rating techniques)
· Project finance
· Good level of Excel functions: ability to audit Excel models
· Risk/reward approach
· Control culture
· Solution driven
· Good stress resilience
· Good communication skills
· Fluent in English and Spanish: written & oral;
· French is a plus;
· Posting Date: Nov 26, 2020