Description de l'offre
ENGIE are recruiting for a Controls Technician to be based at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Southwick Hill, Portsmouth PO6 3LY. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week,
Working between Monday to Friday between 6 am to 6 pm.
(On call for weekday evenings and weekend) . On offer is a salary banding of £28,000 - £32,000, dependent upon skills and experience.
the role of the Controls Technician id to work, monitor and adjust environmental conditions to meet service requirements and legal obligations, such as HTM’s. Reporting to the Team Leader.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To support the Estates management in the provision of new installation and alteration work within the Portsmouth Hospital Trust for the service provider.
· To work within the (ISO 9000) system for the estates department
· Ensure compliance with statute, Hospital Technical Memoranda (HTMs), and codes of practice for environmental conditions.
· Carry out fine-tuning of heating, ventilation and energy control and consumption systems throughout the estate.
· Carry out works and adjustments to building management systems required by Estates management.
· Identify areas of extraordinary utilities consumption to the Energy Manager.
· To provide information to Estates Management, ensuring that all documentation and records are accurate and maintained.
· To carry out breakdown repair and planned preventative maintenance on all controls equipment throughout the Estate.
· Responsible to maintain and repair hospital equipment, services, plant and systems.
· Working knowledge of AHU’s MCC’s, Invertors, Dampers, Differential, Pressure Switches, Pressure Transducers, Actuators, Sensors etc.
· Carry out modifications, alterations and new installations of building management systems.
· Carry out electrical / mechanical installations for new work or alterations.
· Work in areas occupied by patients, public and staff, having regard for the Health and Safety of occupants within that area.
· Work with fine tools and equipment in difficult areas.
· Re-programme BMS to facilitate service shutdowns and statutory inspections of major plant ensuring levels of service are maintained.
· Conduct testing and audits of utilities and generate associated reports for Estates management.
· Provide technical support to other maintenance staff during the working day and out of hours.
· Interpreting and working from all instructions, drawings and specifications appropriate to trade without supervision.
· Specify and order stores and equipment as required for the task in hand and working with contractors.
· Communicate tactfully with staff from other departments and to be aware of patients when working on wards.
· Undertake training as required by management, with particular regard to the post.
· To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH regulations and Electrical IEE regulations.
· Carry out duties independently without routine supervision.
· To take part in an On-Call roster for “Out of Hours“emergency work.
· Work out of hours as a lone worker without supervision to identify and make safe defects.
· Work in highly unpleasant working conditions, unblocking drains and sewers, which include body fluids and noxious fumes.
· Work in hot, humid and exposed or confined conditions.
· Requirement to frequently exert intense physical effort.
· Requirement for concentration where work pattern is unpredictable and frequently interrupted.
· Occasional requirement to impart adverse information to staff.
· Professional supervision of apprentice / trainee / support worker.
· To carry a radio or pager to facilitate immediate response, and to emergencies.
· Any other such Reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post as may be determined by the Estates Manager. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· A recognised CITB apprenticeship or approved equivalent and City & Guilds Craft Certificate relevant to the trade or similar recognised trade certificate 17th Edition of IEE Regulations
· Experience in relevant tradeExperience of building management systems (TREND and SAUTER BMS)
· Experience of heating, ventilation and air conditioning controls
· Advanced IT skills including BMS software knowledge
· Working knowledge of building controls and equipment operations
· Relevant knowledge and observation of current legislation, technical standards and hospital specific (HTMs)
· Knowledge of working on hot water and steam systems
· Experience of building services maintenance
· BMS Systems Operator experience
· Experience in working in a hospital environment
· Experience of working on specialist hospital equipment
· Experience of lone working
· Experience and knowledge of other trades
· Knowledge of HVAC This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.