ENGIE are recruiting for a Controls Engineer to be based at Gatwick Airport, RH6 0NP. This is a permanent, full time role working 37.5 hours per week with a Call-Out Rota of 7 in 52 weeks. On offer is a salary banding of £42,160 per annum and our standard, high quality benefits package.
The role is based in Gatwick Airport but covers sites throughout the UK which require regular (generally annual) service visits and will act as a part of the existing team to deliver Controls, PLC and Automation support across the portfolio of sites within Airports. This will be both planned and reactive works and will require close working with Operations to ensure all sites are adequately supported 24/7 and customer expectations are met.
The role will be required to be part of a 24/7 on-call rota
Duties and Responsibilities
· Second line support to site-based engineers for system breakdown
· Leading and participating in failure investigations
· Proactively undertaking and supporting performance improvement activities
· Project management of minor improvement activities
· Performing scheduled and reactive site visits, occasionally at short notice
· Documenting incidents that occur on site and providing detailed site visit reports
· Preparing documentation for any site visits, including Risk Assessments, Method Statements, etc and ensuring all passes and permits are available
· Preparation and review of technical proposals in accordance with Company and customer procedures, ensuring project requirements are understood and that the design implementation meets the requirements
· Advise customers on potential issues caused by obsolescence, single point of failure, or change in legislation For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
Educated to at least ONC/HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering
Experience of fault-finding PLC controlled automated equipment, including making minor PLC code changes
Able to read and understand electrical drawings
Experience of working in a customer facing service environment
Understanding of at least some of the following technologies:
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
“if you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview . ”
· Posting Date: Jul 1, 2019