ENGIE are recruiting for a Control Room Operator(CRO) to be based in Sullom Voe Power Station ZE2 9TU. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. (Standard office hours 9am - 5pm until training is completed). On offer is a competitive salary.
The role provides the operational control of the power station, integrated plant and equipment to deliver the contractual services expected by our customers whilst ensuring that the highest standards of health, safety, quality and environmental compliance are achieved.
The role will direct team members in the operation of the plant, ensuring that a key focus is given to the efficiency, availability and reliability of that plant and that all actions are demonstrable to be those of a prudent operator. Also, in times of emergency conditions, the role will provide a central contact point for the team to coordinate activities through.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
· Monitor plant parameters configured into the Distributed Control System (DCS) and manipulate process variables to maintain operating conditions at safe and optimum levels taking appropriate actions to deal with deviation
· Undertake radio/telephone/fax liaison with third parties e.g. Lerwick Power Station regarding Power Export operations
· To support area multi-discipline technician teams in routine, plant upset, maintenance and emergency activities, including control of access to operational areas
· Monitor quality and adjust process conditions to minimise environmental impact of Terminal operations e.g. power station emissions
· To record readings, equipment and override status and produce detailed logs/journals containing appropriate information about routine and key events, operational changes and plant upsets, for shift hand-over, trip reporting and investigation purposes
· Prompt and concise reporting of plant/equipment faults/defects
· Respond to emergency plant alarms by liaison with the BP Shift Team Leader, the Management Team as appropriate and Technician Teams/Emergency Response Team and take appropriate corrective actions
· Oversee any person within the TCC for training duties or any other purpose to ensure use of control room equipment is appropriate
· In conjunction with line management progress and complete individual training plans
· Keep up-to-date with current Operating Instructions and Procedures
· Arrange overtime cover / shift cover as required in agreement with line management
· Implement responsibilities required by this role within the SSoW and CMMS utilised at the power station
The responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and other duties maybe required from time to time.
This position provides the frontline operation of the plant and can have a direct impact on the profitability of ENGIE should the plant lose production and penalties are applied in line with the contract (this can be in the order of thousands of pounds).
There is also the impact that failure to control the plant can have on both people and the environment, again with a financial impact in the thousands of pounds should enforcement be imposed on the business.
This position requires a high degree of understanding of the plant, the processes employed within the plant and also the systems used to control the plant, both in times of normal operation and emergency operation. The position holder will be able to handle multiple information feeds and to rationalise these to maintain safe plant operation, maintain plant output and support fault rectification works.
The position holder will need to understand the Safe System of Work duties placed upon them and at times be able to provide support and direction to persons working on site to maintain safety from the system.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Experience and qualification in health and safety management (IOSH or NEBOSH Cert)
· A recognised qualification in an engineering field (HNC/OND) or equivalent
· Substantial relevant experience
· The ability to analyse data and provide a balanced business solution from such data
· High level of IT skills, including Microsoft office, Maintenance Systems and Permit Systems
· Understanding of the operating details of the installed DCS on site
· Strong leadership and man management skills with an ability to remain calm in a crisis and direct staff who may be under duress at such time
· Experience of Risk Management techniques
· Thorough understanding of the operation of a power station and the auxiliary systems associated with it
· Sound understanding of our requirements for health, safety, environment and quality management (ISO9001/14001, OHSAS18001 and our PPC document)
· Good understanding of the procedures associated with the role
· Understanding of the Terminal site and plants contained within it For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.