ENGIE are recruiting for a Contract Delivery Supervisor working in Birmingham and other Engie sites across the East or West Midlands. This is a permanent full time role working
40 hours per week on a regular working pattern will be agreed with the manager between 08:00 19:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 - 13:00 Saturday. There is an expectation to join the out of hours rota and this will be rewarded by payment in addition to the salary. On offer is a competitive salary, company van for business use only and benefits package.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, facilities management and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
We work alongside government departments, local authorities and the wider public sector as a strategic partner for developing more sustainable, efficient and vibrant communities.
Not only are we able to create and shape communities across the country, but we also have the expertise to maintain and support them – ensuring that we are offering sustainable initiatives that deliver a lifelong impact. We are a market leader in both urban regeneration and district energy,
a significant provider of place-based services and energy efficiency and we have the ability to develop smart digital solutions and the connected home.
Purpose of the Role:
Assist the Site Manager in the delivery of a high performing, effective and efficient Repairs, Maintenance and Refurbishment Service including the monitoring of a team of Trade Operatives and Sub-Contractors.Responsible for the supervision of a team of trade operatives and sub-contractors delivering a wide range of Repairs, Maintenance and Refurbishment works.
· Providing support, mentoring and continual guidance for the team, reporting back to the Site Manager where needed.
· Ensure all activities meet with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care – Seeking further advise where appropriate
· Undertake appraisals to capture the development needs of each individual, with a focus on succession planning.
· To either mobilise or provide absence cover in accordance with your Job role and position within the organisation.
· Ensure the Site Manager is notified of any underperforming employees within the team so where applicable they can be coached/mentored/disciplined as required in order to achieve desired standards, appropriate time keeping, productivity and compliance with the Company’s values and employee handbook.
· Recommend necessary changes to improve performance based on analysis of weekly/daily Key Performance Indicator statistics.
· Maintain minimum resource levels to achieve internal commercial and safety targets without compromising customer requirements
· Escalate any issue of concern/potential concern to the Site Manager as required to ensure a pro-active approach is maintained and service delivery is not impacted.
· Lead, motivate and direct your teams on all work streams to ensure high working standards.
· To ensure daily that the contract is delivered to the specific contractual requirements.
· Maintain high levels of Health and Safety on site at all times.
· Ensure a high number of daily inspections are completed on Trade Operatives / nominated sub-contractors.
· To liaise with other members of the team to implement the most efficient and cost effective daily plan for operatives to deliver.
· Take responsibility and liaise with management to resolve any disparity in KPI results (internal performance V’s external). Recommend necessary changes to improve performance based on analysis of weekly/daily Key Performance Indicator statistics.
· Work with the wider team to aid future decision making and possible improvements to service levels
· Adhere to agreed works planning and scheduling processes to achieve desired results
· Carry out frequent audits on materials used/booked out against work executed
· Carry out regular checks on plant in use on your contracts
· Take ownership for the swift and effective resolution of customer complaints - escalating issues to the Site Manager where appropriate.
· Ensure all trade operatives and employees are wearing official ENGIE Regeneration uniform and are well presented on a daily basis
· Ensure all vehicles are clean/tidy and correct stock levels are maintained
· Undertake training with engineers when instructed i.e. tool box talks, ENGIE Regeneration updates etc.
· Liaise with other Supervisors / Managers to effectively resolve any cross managerial issues within the contract.
· Ensure all works/requested information i.e. photographs, follow-ons, material requirements allocated to engineers through the Company’s IT system are correctly carried out and reported back to the office.
· Undertake any other duties as requested by your Line Manager from time to time and commensurate with your role. For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.co.uk/
What we are looking for:
· Ordinary National Certificate in Building Studies (GNVQ) or equivalent experience
· Scaffold Inspection
· First Aid at Work
· Gas Safety Awareness
· Asbestos Awareness
· Safe Working at Height
· CSCS Card
· City and Guilds Trade qualification if applicable (Desirable)
· Microsoft Office or other relevant IT related qualification (Desirable)
· Current valid driving license
· Experience of Refurbishment contracts and relevant knowledge of building legislation and building and construction projects
· ICT skills
· People management skills
· Experience of managing specialist sub-contract supply chains
· Excellent understanding and adherence to SHEQ practices
· Up to date relevant knowledge and experience of Health and Safety legislation
· Good understanding and appreciation of effective customer care
· Excellent standard of record keeping and administration
· Ability to manage conflict
· Ability to adapt communication style to match needs of others
· Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
Why work for us?
At ENGIE, we are passionate about improving the lives of the communities that we serve so they can continue to thrive and grow. From homes to hospitals, schools to municipal buildings - our broad set of skills provides a unique offer that will make a real difference.
Our services include:
· Facilities management
· Business services
· Energy supply and efficiency
· Energy infrastructure
· Property services and maintenance
· Estate regeneration, including refurbishment
· Regenerating and maintaining community and public facilities
· Affordable homes and homes for older people
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 150,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €66.6 billion in 2016.
We offer you:
· Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
· Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
· Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
· Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
· Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
· Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.