ENGIE are recruiting for a Conference Centre Supervisor to be based at 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm. On offer is a salary of £19,841 per annum
The role of the Conference Centre Supervisor is to act as the primary interface between the internal operations of BEIS 1 Victoria street / Westminster and its clients. Providing services to the highest possible standards as well as representing BIS 1 Victoria Street and Engie values in appearance, presentation and manners. Providing a professional Conference & Hospitality catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met within the agreed objectives for the location. Reporting to the Hospitality and Catering Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Take all room bookings and coordinating requirements for the Main Building and Conference Centre meeting rooms all other relating sites, including all catering orders and book any other services required e.g. room set up, equipment and maintenance, among others.
· Liaise closely with the Assistant Hospitality Manager & Hospitality Manager to ensure that details of all functions are distributed as soon as they are booked or within the agreed timeframe, ensuring that any changes are communicated straightaway.
· To liaise between the Facilities, AV, IT, Business Support Services, Security and Catering departments on conference booking requirements.
· To regularly monitor customer feedback and produce a suitable action plan based on the result.
· Make the Hospitality Manager aware of any issues regarding the booking system immediately.
· Compile and distribute all required reports as and when required.
· To answer all phone calls whether at your desk or another desk in a professional manner within 3 rings or as soon possible.
· To answer all incoming e-mail requests within two hours of receiving them or as soon as possible.
· No last minute bookings should be taken unless agreed with the relevant HOD’s.
· To adhere to all office and company standard procedures at all times.
· To perform Conference Centre show rounds when necessary in a professional manner.
· To maintain a comprehensive and accurate room bookings working record.
· To check next day’s, next week’s and forthcoming bookings and make amendments as and when necessary.
· To serve as a source of information for clients.
· Complete daily tasks and duties rota.
· To carry out administration request for clients.
· To plan work schedules, ensuring clients as well as the team members have received all the event information, including housekeeping, catering, AV equipment and any other information relevant to the event.
· To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
· To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met in line with client expectations and address problems as they arise.
· To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer requests.
· To ensure that you deliver what you promise to the customer, client and team.
· To maintain awareness of Health and Safety regulations in the building and to report any faults to the Helpdesk.
· To report any accident, incident or near miss event to the Incident Report Helpdesk.
· To produce a development and marketing plan on an annual basis.
· To ensure that the location has an accurate and efficient financial control system in place and the charges procedures are in full use.
· To ensure that Head Office and your Operations Manager receive all the appropriate financial information promptly and accurately.
· To present to the client, as and when directed by your Operations Manager, accurate financial information.
· To consistently look at ways of maximising income through effective purchasing via nominated suppliers and creative merchandising.
· To support and maintain budgetary records. Ensure that all budgets are adhered to, unless exceptional circumstances persist.
· To be responsible for all personnel assigned to the Conference Centre, irrespective of whether or not they are employees of the Company, in accordance with policies.
· To ensure that the location has an accurate and efficient financial control system in place.
· To advise of and order all necessary equipment.
· To ensure that all standards of service is maintained.
· To develop the team by empowering them, supporting them, encouraging them and maintaining an ‘open door’ policy.
· To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
· To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
· To ensure training is carried out in line with the company training policy to meet the needs and requirements of the individual and Engie,
· To carry out disciplinary procedures following company guidelines and standards.
· To develop and evolve all client services of the Conference Centre, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
· To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required, company and client information.
· To ensure that the location meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislations and procedures
· To report any faults in meeting rooms, public areas and Reception areas.
· Maintaining awareness of health and safety regulations in the building.
· Carry out any task deemed reasonable by your manager.
· To promote at all times the Room booking’s Office in the most favourable light through the highest levels of personal and professional conduct.
· To provide a highly efficient and proactive service to the Conference Centre, its employees and its clients.
· To ensure that coordination / booking services provide a high profile role model that reflects Engie’s values and sets the tone for everyone entering the Conference Centre 1 Victoria Street premises, whether they are staff or visitors. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· 5* customer service skills
· Well presented, immaculately groomed at all times
· Polite, tactful and diplomatic
· Energy, confidence and enthusiasm
· Ability to work under pressure
· Able to communicate in a calm professional style
· Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal communication
· Customer and Client focused
· Able to pre-empt a situation
· Reliable, Flexible and adaptable
· IT Literate in MS Office Suite (word, excel and outlook) For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.