ENGIE are recruiting for a Community Engagement Officer to be based in London. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer will be a competitive salary. The role holder will report to the Community Investment Manager.
The role of the Community Engagement Officer is a vital one. For many residents you will be the first person they meet from ENGIE. Through your words, action and commitment to giving good service, an impression of the company will be formed in the minds of our customers that will directly reflect on our reputation. The key objectives of the role are to work across a number of ENGIE sites, maintaining regular communication with local residents, and other key stakeholders affected by our construction works Key tasks will include producing and distributing regular Newsletters, organising consultation events and identifying and delivering community initiatives. Working with our Community Investment Officer you will implement site-based initiatives that contribute to our aim of being a ‘Considerate Constructor’. Key administrative tasks will include collating employment data and KPI’s to support client reporting and recording issues raised by residents and associated outcomes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Produce and distribute regular Newsletters and information bulletins to keep local residents and key stakeholders informed of construction works
· Where appropriate, consult with resident representatives and groups, and other stakeholders, arranging meetings to communicate the programme, get feedback and discuss any other locally significant issues
· Identify opportunities to deliver community investment activities across our sites, such as school safety assemblies, ENGIE educational programmes and work with the local community to enhance skills and employability.
· Write and design case studies in line with our current brand, based on initiatives undertaken in the community
· Act as an ambassador for the construction industry by supporting careers events and attending school assemblies to promote ENGIE’s work and opportunities
· Work with our Community Investment Officer to identify and disseminate best practice across our sites to ensure compliance with the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme.
· Use social media, such as Facebook and Twitter to communicate progress of the programme, upcoming events, good news stories, etc.
· Liaise with site management staff to enable the flow of information between all parties
· Complete relevant administrative tasks, such as the collation of monthly employment data to feed into KPI monitoring reporting
· Manage complaints and complements in line with ENGIE procedures
· Participate in Project Management meetings as required
· Observe site Health & Safety rules and ensure any risks are reported immediately to the site manager
· Any other reasonable management request For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Previous Experience and Qualifications
· Report writing
· First rate communication skills
· Proficient using social media
· Good at developing relationships
· Ability to work remotely as well as part of a team
· Able to work to deadlines
· Proficient use of the Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher.
· Full Driving License
· A level and above
· Basic understanding of construction in social housing For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.