'Dream up your idea of the future with ENGIE.
You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow.
250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.'
ENGIE are recruiting for a Community Caretaker to be based at Unity College,Towneley Holmes, Burnley BB11 3DF. This is a permanent part time role working 25 hours per week, (Any 5 hours between 15.00 pm and 22.00 pm each day subject to school requirements).
On offer is a salary of £11,500, dependent upon skills and experience and benefits package.
The role of the Community Caretaker is to undertake responsibility for the provision of caretaking services at the school. In so doing ensuring these are provided to a consistently high and professional standard. To support the facilities management team in achieving the requirements of the project agreement and service obligations and reporting to the Assistant Facilities Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Act as Key holder, carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds. The routine opening / closure of premises and grounds when on duty.
· Preparing the building for Community and out of school activities and clearing up after these activities.
· Reporting of faults and breakdowns to the VLL help desk as appropriate.
· General porterage duties, including the erection of stands, equipment, moving of furniture and the dismantling and storage of equipment.
· Cleaning of buildings and surrounds when required.
· Carrying out the schools based procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage.
· To work within the schools policies and procedures.
· To support the promotion of positive relationships with students, parent and community users and outside agencies.
· To attend skill training and participate in personal/performance development as required.
· To take care for their own and other people’s health and safety.
· To be aware of the confidential nature of issues.
· Respond to emergency situations in accordance with the Joint Emergency Response Plan (JERP).
· Liaise and provide regular feedback to the Area Caretaker and school representative on caretaking issues
· Manage and monitor the work undertaken by subcontractors, including the delivery of site inductions.
· Carry out minor routine maintenance tasks in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programme, including pre-planned maintenance tasks during the school holidays.
· Monitor and make adjustments as necessary to ensure plant and associated systems perform within set limits.
· Respond in a timely manner to requests from the Helpdesk to meet target response and rectifications times.
· Carry out internal and external routine inspections of the school premises.
· Carry out minor or temporary repairs within competency level.
· Make the necessary arrangements for the support of out of hours activities..
· Respond in a safe manner to the effects of adverse weather conditions.
· Undertake and regularly review risk assessments for all caretaking related tasks.
· Report any issues to the Area Supervisor and make recommendations on improving the service.
· Undertake training as necessary to maintain the requirements of the service.
· Collaborate and co-operate with work colleagues, school representatives and users of the school’s facilities to deliver a customer focussed service. Contribute to the goals and aims of the school.
· Support the Company’s commitment to an Zero Harm, Incident & Injury free culture and sustainable environment.
· Collaborate and co-operate with work colleagues and users of the school’s facilities to deliver a customer focussed service.
· Respond in a timely manner to all caretaking duties in accordance with the requirements of the Project Agreement.
· Demonstrate the Company’s core values.
· Demonstrate an observable commitment to Behavioural Safety and embracing an Zero Harm, Incident & Injury Free culture. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to monitor systems of work effectively
· Strong customer orientation skills
· Fit into the company core values and principles
· Relevant trade, technical or vocational qualifications
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.