ENGIE are recruiting for a Commercial Analyst to be based in either South West, North East or London. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the Head of Commercial in the establishment and operation of a “Buying Office” within the BES Division. The Buying Office will deliver long term improvement in value for money, risk transfer and supply chain management in respect of all third party spend.
There is a clear expectation that the Commercial Analysts will progress into the Commercial Team undertaking commercial management roles within one of the Business Units over time. Additionally, thee Commercial Analyst will be expected to enter a training programme for a profession al qualification, ideally this will be to gain Membership of the RICS. The Commercial Analyst will be supported in this goal through mentoring, training and experience provided as part of their continuing professional development
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Working closely with the Head of Commercial and rest of the Buying Office team, along with operational and support function account leads across BES
· Ensure effective delivery of a programme to bring all possible third party spend under effective, professional contracting arrangements including suppliers and sub contractors to deliver:
· Implementation of policy and governance as directed by central Procurement Team.
· Influencing category management approach
· Appropriate “Buy or Make” decision processes
· Supplier cost reduction through effective scoping and procurement
· Service improvement through accurate contract scopes, servcie levels agreement and KPIs
· Risk mitigation through sensible risk transfer strategies
· Sub contract compliance through effective supplier management processes
· Proactive particpation in the ENGIE Group Smart Spending programme
· Developing MI tools, that allow ease of account maangement and Corprate decision making
· Interrogate current information across a variety of systems to provide data to support decision making and prioritisation of tasks
· Developing and maintaining new reporting platforms to ensure high quality, ease of use Management Information tools and reports
· Developing and Implementing new processes to ensure benefits are maximised
· Ensure that ENGIE’s Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business and all suppliers to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices
· Operate within ENGIE’s INCOME (Internal Controls and Management Efficiency) process to ensure compliance with Group governance processes
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Suitable commercial experience within a similar industry sector
· Understanding and practical application of base UK law applicable to Commercial (Construction Act etc).
· Desire to become a member of a chartered institution.
· Excellent communicator
· Excellent financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy
· Experience of negotiation with internal and external stakeholders at various levels on commercial issues
· Understanding of risk analysis/management
· PC Literate with knowledge of MS applications e.g. Word, Excel For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.