'Dream up your idea of the future with ENGIE.
You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow.
250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.'
ENGIE are recruiting for a Cleaner to work across various Lancashire school sites within our Lancashire Schools project. This is a Zero Hours role. On offer is a salary of £7.83 per hour.
The role holder will report to the Cleaning Supervisor and will maintain a high standard of cleanliness at the premises.
· Carry out routine and non-routine specified tasks to prescribed standards, as instructed by the cleaning supervisor or other authorised persons.
· Use cleaning materials and operate power cleaning equipment in a safe and economic manner and in accordance with their safe instructions for use.
· Ensure that cleaning equipment and designated storage areas are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
· Observe all safety instructions and wear the correct protective clothing for the task to undertaken.
· Report to the Cleaning Supervisor or Caretaker, any damage to school property, or potential hazards, or any issues that are likely to affect the task to be undertaken.
· Ensure the safety of the allocated areas on completion of the cleaning tasks, including switching off lights and heating to conserve energy.
· Undertake training as necessary, to maintain the requirements of the service.
· Collaborate and co-operate with work colleges and users of the facilities to deliver a customer-focused service.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Experience of industry/public cleaning services.
· Able to read and follow instructions on the use of cleaning materials and equipment
· Have an understanding of basic Health and Safety principles
· Able to attain a consistent specified standard of cleaning
· Able to organise own time to meet individual work schedules (Patches)
· Able to use power-operated cleaning equipment
· Be sufficiently fit to be able to undertake the specified tasks
· Capable of working with minimum supervision
· Able to work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others
· Flexible and willing
· BICSc Cleaning Operatives Proficiency Certificate
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions, both current and past;
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the police national computer for England and Wales;
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included;
· Checks against the Children's and Vulnerable Adults' barring list;
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.