ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Catering Manager to be based at the Cleveland and Durham Police Training Centre, Urlay Nook Rd, Stockton-on-Tees, TS16 0QB.
This is a permanent, full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm and on offer will be a salary of £22,000 per annum. This role will report into the Facilities Manager.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· The preparation of food and beverages in accordance with customer demands and menu design.
· Serve customers and cash up any takings, Record all menu sales and wastage.
· Ensure cleanliness of kitchen area, removal of waste food and litter, wiping down of servery and sweeping and mopping of floor.
· Ensure cleanliness of kitchen area, equipment and storerooms in compliance with Environmental Health Regulations.
· Ensure proper stock control practices at all times including stock turnover and stock checks.
· Ensure timesheets are filled in and presented in a timely manner.
· Ordering food and non-food items to ensure cost effective and efficient service.
· Upkeep of records in compliance with Management requests and Environmental Health Regulations.
· Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade as determined by the Facility’s Manager.
· Ensure contractual services are delivered in such a way that it is possible to achieve agreed SLA’s and quality targets.
· Reporting directly to the account manager on a daily basis.
· Carry out any reasonable request as instructed by their line manger
· Being able to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and experience
· Must be knowledgeable in the basic theory of cooking, demonstrating good practical cooking techniques and the ability in this knowledge.
· A robust understanding of Health and Safety and Food Safety is required.
· Must have previous experience of cooking in similar environment.
· Must have Food Hygiene Certificate
· Ideally qualified to First Aid but not essential.
· Ideally qualified to HNC/HND Level but not essential.
To be successful in this role you must provide the following:
Minimum of 3 year history of employment (including information which can be verified for any gaps)
If you do not have 3 years previous employment, a professional reference must be provided (obtained from a Medical Practitioner, Officer of the Armed Forces, Teacher, Lecturer, Lawyer, Bank Manager, Civil Servant etc)
Proof of identity & eligibility to work in the UK which must include Photographic I.D - Passport or Driving Licence.
Passport and all relevant work permits
or NI Number information / proof and full Birth certificate
If no legal photographic documentation is owned then a passport photo which has been signed and verified by any of the above professionals will be required. This needs to show their title, signature and contact details.
2 proofs of address from within the last 3 months (i.e. council tax bill, bank statement, utilities bills).
Any required qualifications or driving licence if required for the role.
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.