Dream up your idea of the future with ENGIE.
You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow. 250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Catering Assistant to be based in St Pancras Hospital, 4 St Pancras Way, Kings Cross, London NW1 0PE. This is a permanent, full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £7.50 per hour. Hours of work are 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday.
Reporting directly to the Chef/Manager, the Catering Assistant is responsible for providing a quality, front of house service, whilst being courteous and caring towards patients, visitors and all users. The Catering Assistant is expected to observe the policies and procedures of the Trust and Company.
Other Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Serving staff meals in an appetising and attractive manner that complies with the Company's portion control guidance.
· Taking and recording of food temperatures, seeking further instruction where these are outside appropriate temperature limits.
· To assist in the preparation of basic food and simple cooking, as required.
· To be involved in general cleaning by following appropriate cleaning schedules including: general cleaning; stacking dishwasher; using electrical floor scrubber; damp-dusting service areas and cleaning all catering equipment.
· Appropriate disposal of waste in accordance with instructions, ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum.
· Checking stock deliveries into the Catering Department and completing appropriate documentation.
· Ensuring stock is dated and that stock rotation procedures are observed.
· Complying with Company/Trust and legislative Health & Safety regulations.
· Ensuring personal appearance, conduct and customer care are of the highest standard.
· Ensuring that a high standard of personal grooming is maintained, including wearing the appropriate uniform and PPE provided.
· Operating the cash register as required, ensuring secure handling of cash and sales transactions throughout the correct use of cash registers and through following procedures, as trained by line manager.
· Reporting equipment faults to Supervisors/Managers and reporting through the Help Desk.
· Responding to enquiries relating to food service - referring to line manager as appropriate.
· Attending Team Briefs to improve communications, flow of information and staff feedback.
· Ensuring any faults/maintenance are reported through the Help Desk.
· Undertaking any other duties commensurate with knowledge and experience.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Level 2 Food Safety
· Experience of working in a similar environment
· Customer Service (desirable)
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.