Description de l'offre
You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow.
250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Caretaker to be based in Waverley School, Yardley Green Road, Birmingham B9 5QA. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, on a shift basis.
Shift patterns will be: 06:00 to 14:00 / 08:00 to 16:00 / 11:00 to 19:00 hours
On salary of £17,000 per annum. Reporting to the Head Caretaker, the Caretaker will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the school premises with respect to caretaking services, together with establishing a close working relationship with school and community groups. The Caretaker will be responsible for ensuring that all services are provided to a consistently high standard and will assist the Area Caretaker in meeting the requirements of the Project Agreement.
· Organise, manage and monitor the tasks of the cleaning/caretaking team.
· Respond in a timely manner to any issues with the delivery of routine and non-routine services, providingcover and remedial tasks as necessary.
· Organise and carry out staff inductions, arrange task training and undertake annual appraisals of the cleaning team.
· Act as Keyholder - carry out routine and non-routine security procedures for the school buildings and grounds.
· Respond to security or maintenance issues outside normal working hours.
· Respond to emergency situations in accordance with the Joint Emergency Response Plan (JERP).
· Liaise and provide regular feedback to the Area Team Leader and school representative on caretaking issues
· Manage and monitor the work undertaken by subcontractors, including the delivery of site inductions.
· Carry out minor routine maintenance tasks in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programme, including pre-planned maintenance tasks during the school holidays.
· Monitor and make adjustments as necessary to ensure plant and associated systems perform within set limits.
· Respond in a timely manner to requests from the Helpdesk to meet target response and rectifications times.
· Carry out internal and external routine inspections of the school premises.
· Assist in the preparation of reports, maintaining and updating records as appropriate.
· Carry out minor or temporary repairs within competency level.
· Undertake porterage tasks to support school and community activities.
· Make the necessary arrangements for the support of out of hours activities.
· Make arrangements for the delivery, distribution and storage of materials. Ensure the correct procedures are followed for the safe and efficient handling of waste.
· Respond in a safe manner to the effects of adverse weather conditions.
· Undertake and regularly review risk assessments for all caretaking-related requests.
· Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory Company and recommended guidelines.
· Report any issues to the Area Team Leader and make recommendations on improving the service.
· Undertake training as necessary to maintain the requirements of the service.
· Collaborate and co-operate with work colleagues, school representatives and users of the school’s facilities to deliver a customer-focused service.
· Contribute to the goals and aims of the school.
· Support the Company’s commitment to an Incident & Injury Free and sustainable environment.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications / Skills / Experience Required:
· Experience of providing general cleaning and security duties, together with basic maintenance of buildings and associated plant and systems.
· Able to supervise the work of others.
· A good understanding of Health & Safety principles.
· Able to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines, with minimum supervision.
· Be sufficiently fit to undertake caretaking duties.
· Able to work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others.
· Good communication and customer care skills.
· Flexible and willing: prepared to work out of hours as necessary.
· Resident within 20 minutes' travelling time of the school.
· Prepared to wear corporate workwear and safety footwear whilst carrying out duties.
· Experience of caretaking within an educational environment is desirable.
· GCSE O'Level Maths and English, or equivalent would be advantageous.
· Relevant trade or vocational qualification would be advantageous.
· For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.