ENGIE are recruiting for a Caretaker to be based in Nottingham. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary of £17,000.00 - £21,000.00 dependent on skills and experience.
To provide efficient and effective caretaking support (Industrial Cleaner/General DIY Maintenance) to the site which includes ensuring that the general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are cleaned and maintained in accordance with KN standards and policies.
Main duties / responsibilities:
· To undertake minor items of repair and maintenance to the fabric of all the buildings and warehouses on site including office furniture (Desks/Chairs etc.) for the benefit and safety of its occupants
· Clean all toilet areas on site including replenishing with toilet rolls and hand soaps
· Carryout the cleaning of the canteen area and the office areas which includes, ceilings, walls, floors, tables, windows and staircases
· Emptying waste bins, bagging up rubbish and making sure it is disposed of correctly
· To assist with minor plumbing issues, which involves unblocking sinks and drains etc.
· To deal with or assist with any minor repairs where necessary as instructed by the Site Manager or QSHE Manager via ENGIE
· Regularly check external areas for build-up of litter and litter pick accordingly.
· Support with other cleaning duties as and when required
· Ensuring that cleaning products and equipment are stored correctly and safely
· Monitoring levels of cleaning materials and liaising with the contracted cleaning contractor to reorder supplies For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Competent at basic DIY repairs and maintenance
· Knowledge of cleaning materials and their use, including cleaning chemicals and their safe use and storage as per their Safety Data Sheets
· Ability to carry out pre-use checks and then use small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment
· Knowledge of ENGIE & Kuehne & Nagel QSHE procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures
· Ideally IPAF trained
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.