ENGIE are recruiting for a
Caretaker to be based at HML School, Gower Street, Lozells, Birmingham B19 2EP . This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week,( working shifts will vary between 6 am and 7 pm) . On offer is a salary banding of £17,000 - £18,000, dependent upon skills and experience
The Caretaker position plays a critical part in the Operational Team, the candidate will undertake a variety of planned and reactive maintenance tasks in a multisite education environment. Reports directly to the Soft FM Manager
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Able to work as part of a team or on your own initiative, you will be expected to provide a flexible and efficient repair and maintenance service over a wide range of services. The role carries out duties, which encompasses semi-skilled engineering work, locking and unlocking of school buildings, general portering and cleaning duties.
· To follow the company procedures and standards as expressed in the EIMS
· To complete all administrative functions correctly and efficiently, either paper log books or by using appropriate IT software, e.g. CAFM system.
· To become fully familiar with all Company and site procedures and carry out all responsibilities detailed in Engie’s management system. The following responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and specific duties will be defined based on the skillset of the individual recruited and the wider maintenance team .
· To undertake work in a safe and effective manner complying with all relevant safety legislation and procedures and complying with the Estates Department Health & Safety Procedures manual on all works undertaken.
· To undertake a general caretaking duties to a wide range of unsupervised routine and non-routine maintenance and minor repair work,
· To undertake a general cleaning duty to a wide range of education sites,
· Must be willing to carry a smartphone to facilitate response to Faults which will be automated from the helpdesk.
· To undertake training to enhance multi-skilled techniques reasonably expected of a school caretaker, to keep abreast of new technology and legislation. and to comply with ENGIE requirements for core training. To attend training courses provided by the organisation and complete mandatory training as required
· To undertake general maintenance duties
· Maintain the general tidiness of all compounds, workshops, plant rooms and service ducts
· Assist in the clearing of blocked drains
· Assist in the regular testing of fire alarm systems
· Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (BMS)
· Be able to demonstrate self-motivation
· Customer focused
· Work to tight deadlines
· Support contractors on site
· Team player
· Housekeeping and cleanliness
· Within a maintenance environment the post holder will occasionally be expected to carry out any reasonable request for which they have received training and is considered competent.
· Assist in any other activity where a competent person is in attendance.
· Understand the principles of H&S management procedures.
· The Post holder may be required to carry various communication devices and use them in a way determined by the Facilities Manager.
· This list is not intended to be exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to carry out any additional reasonable management request For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Excellent communication skills
· Skilled in FM positions
· Time served craftsperson with a recognised mechanical qualification
· An effective communicator both written & oral
· To plan, prioritise and allocate work
· Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative
· Flexible and adaptable approach to work
This role requires an Enhanced Disclosure.
An Enhanced Disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions, both current and past;
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the Police National Computer for England and Wales;
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included.
· Checks against the Children's and Vulnerable Adults' Barring List;
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.