ENGIE are recruiting for a Weekend Caretaker to be based at Noel Baker, Bracknall Drive, Derby DE24 OBR. This is a permanent part time role working 18 hours per week,t his role will be evenly based between Saturday and Sunday. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role of the weekend caretaker will enable the school to be open outside core hours for the benefit of the local community, in a shared school site in Derby. This role will primarily be based at the Sports Hall and Vocational Building, although the successful candidate would be expected to work across the site. The role holder may be expected to do overtime on an occasional basis therefore, flexibility is required for this position. Also, the individual will be required to be On-Call on a rotational basis .
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Opening/closing the school and Sports Centre buildings, gates and entrances at the commencement/end of shift as per the shift pattern and the schedule of use.
· Carrying out a physical check of the buildings and taking the necessary action for any urgent repairs, also making good any areas which a source of danger to could be either the users or the security of the site
· Checking the building regularly to ensure no unauthorised persons are present
· Ensure the cleanliness of the building and supervise any cleaning activities taking place of the weekend
· Ensure that adequate materials/equipment are available for use.
· Carrying out routine cleaning duties using the appropriate materials and mechanical cleaning aids as necessary.
· Cleaning of toilet and shower areas and ensuring adequate toilet requisites are distributed.
· Carry out ad hoc cleaning to specified areas including toilets, floors and office spaces.
· General porterage duties and reasonable movement of furniture as appropriate.
· Maintaining all outside steps, playgrounds and approaches in a clean condition, removal of litter and other debris for, all areas of the school site and emptying waste paper receptacles
· Making pathways safe by salting after snow or frost, including the clearing of snow from those areas prior to salting.
· Reporting any other deficiencies in the heating and/or domestic hot water system to the Helpdesk as a matter of urgency.
· Reporting any other deficiencies to the building in the appropriate manner.
· Working in conjunction with the Facilities Manager, Site Manager and Lettings Manager to facilitate use of the premises outside of normal school hours in accordance with the schools’ programme of Community Use.
· Responsibility for security of the site, including the operation of security alarms.
· To be a named key holder to form part of a rota and who may be contacted outside of core hours assist in emergency situations.
· Carrying out other associated duties as directed by the Site Manager or authorised member of staff.
· Adhere to all company Health and Safety requirements and expectation
· Wear the appropriate uniforms and safety equipment where required
· Management and control of any cleaning chemicals according to COSHH regulations For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· General maintenance experience would be desirable
· Mandatory training will be provided
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.