You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow.
250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Caretaker to be based at Marriotts & Lonsdale School, Brittain Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG2 8UT. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, on a variable shift basis (5 days from 7 between the hours 06,00 - 22.30). On offer is a salary of £18,000 plus paid overtime. The Caretaker will report directly to the Premises Manager
· To undertake minor repairs, such as works in relation to installation/repair/re-fitting and/or adaptation of wall-mounted fixtures or fittings requiring use of manual and/or power tools and proprietary masonry / hollow partition anchors.
· Take responsibility of site security which will include opening up site in the mornings and ensuring site is locked and secure, with the alarm set at night.
· Movement of furniture and other items as required for exams, assemblies, lettings, etc.
· Accepting deliveries to site and ensuring these are tracked and moved to the right area/person within the school.
· Effective temporary repairs or making good repairs to holes, or otherwise defective chain link fences by re-stitching/straightening with nylon wire, string or rope.
· Maintain in a sound, watertight state joints/junctions in low level rain water fittings by use of proprietary sealant.
· Replacement of defective tap washers, toilet pull cords, toilet syphons and sink plugs.
· Unblocking of sinks and drains, internal as well as in external areas. Also, general maintenance to rainwater covers.
· Taking down curtains/blinds and re-fixing these after cleaning or replacement.
· Minor maintenance work to window fittings
· Measuring/cutting to size (using hand saw), timber or board materials generally.
· Re-fixing/securing door hinges, door furniture, replacing locks of similar design and size (not requiring specialist or locksmith skills).
· Undertaking any other repairs within the post holder's level of competence.
· Carrying out painting and decorating tasks as directed by line manager.
· Occasionally working outside, which may include (but is not limited to) litter picking, weeding, watering of plants and general site inspections.
· Occasionally carrying out other duties in connection with site safety, maintenance, security, cleaning or general site services, as directed by line manager.
· Carry out PPMs as required.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Caretaking experience, preferably in a school/educational environment
· Good level of physical fitness to undertake Caretaking duties
· Plumbing or carpentry background preferred.
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.