Storengy UK Stublach Site
37 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract (2 years) with view to becoming longer term
We have a vacancy for a Business Developer available, reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, Commercial & Business Services and would like to invite you to read through the job details and apply if you feel you have the required experience and qualifications to meet the demands of this role.
The Business Developer will be in charge of developing activities beyond Storengy current underground gas storage activities. The development strategy of Storengy focuses on two areas to build on its core competencies: underground heat and green gas.
Your responsibilities will include:
Deliver in the UK the commercial straegy of STorengy:
· Growing short-term sales from the exisiting product range of both underground heat sources and storage (ATES,BTES, Mine to heat...) and green gas solutions (Biogas, Syngas, Hydrogen...)
· Developing an investment framework for longer-term projects with a system approach (hydrogen, geothermal heat for district heating schemes...), potentially in collaboration with partners.
· Work in close collaboration with the strategic and marketing teams of Storengy in France and Germany, and provide input to adapt the commercial offer to the UK business environment when necessary. For certain development areas, the business developer will have interactions with other commercial teams of Engie in the UK.
For the market segments targeted by Storengy in the UK, underground heat and green gas, the business developer will:
· Identify sales prospects and relevant external stakeholders:partners, local authorities and government agencies.
· Adapt Storengy commercial offer to UK specificities.
· Engage with identified prospects and stakeholders, develop and maintain relationships.
· Identify and explore public funding opportunities.
· Identify potential partners
· Generate commercial interest in solutions provided by Storengy leading to the signature of new contracts.
· participate to Storengy M&A activities related to the UK or Irish markets
In order to achieve this, activities of the business developer will include:
· Desktop research on organisations and individuals
· Contact of potential customers in order to set up meetings
· Gathering and analysis of market intelligence, keeping up to date with market development
· Understanding of the competition in markets where Storengy is active
· Attendance to conferences and industry events
· Development of quotes and proposals to demonstrate the value of offers
· Regular follow-up on leads and report on progess.
Relevant Experience & Skills
· Excellent networking capabilities
· Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to influence and persuade
· Ability to transform ideas in to concrete commercial opportunities
· Minimum 10 years relevant experience
· Experience of business plans modelling (MS-Excel)
· working knowledge of UK public funding options for renewable energy
· Openess to change, innovation mind set
For more information or for an informal discussion on this position please contact Benoit Enault, Head of Business Development, Commercial & Business Services OR
Please send your CV to Marie Baker HR Administrator, Stublach SIte, King Street, Northwich, CW9 7SE
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no relocation package with this job role.
Storengy UK do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender,race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.