ENGIE are recruiting for a Building Maintenance Technician to be based at Johnson Controls,Tyco Park, Grimshaw Lane, Newton Heath, Manchester M40 2WL. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm. On offer is a salary of £16,640 per annum.
The role of the Building Maintenance Technician is to provide maintenance/handyman service to a company Headquarters facility, tasks include infrastructure fabric repairs, lighting, M&E, and plumbing repairs, Porterage and office moves and other related tasks as required. All tasks are to be performed professionally, effectively and in accordance with good health and safety practice and regulation. Reporting to the Facilities Co-Ordinator.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Liaise and co-ordinate on-site service providers working directly for Engie and specific client suppliers as directed.
· Routine building maintenance activities as required including but not exclusive to –
· Fire alarm testing, sprinkler maintenance, emergency light tests, replacement of light tubes/bulbs, maintenance of sanitary ware, water hygiene checks, light repairs to building fabric/fixture and fittings, movement of floor boxes, small decoration works.
· Porter age, including office/furniture/equipment moves as directed. Movement of office stationery, boxes, parcels and other goods as directed.
· Waste Disposal; ensure all office/canteen waste is disposed of in an appropriate manner as directed.
· Gardening activities including grass cutting, weeding, litter picking, shrub pruning and general tidy of grounds areas.
· Support post room activities as required.
· Support Reception activities as required
· Provide any reports on activities as required. All works to be logged via in house CIMS system
· Building/Site patrols daily, noting/logging of any maintenance jobs as required and co-ordinate responses.
· Ensure store room and work areas are maintained in clean and tidy condition.
· Report any defective equipment
· Follow all local instructions for the use of ladders and steps.
· Maintain power tools in safe condition
· Ensure you wear all PPE as required
· Support other Covion operatives as requested by the Facilities Manager
· Ensure that you follow all local health & safety policies as published.
· Ad hoc cleaning to attend to spillages on site or in the building. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Strong customer focus
· Good communication skills
· Willingness to learn/train
· Experience of routine building maintenance activities
· Ability to solve problems.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good time management.
· Have a positive attitude to work.
· Ability to prioritise tasks.
· Ability to follow instructions
· Good health and safety practice
· Trade qualification or experience
· Supervisory experience For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.