Description de l'offre
QWest are recruiting for a Building and Cleaning Supervisor to be based at Cheshire West & Chester Council, 58 Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP, this role will also cover sites at Ellesmere Port & Wyvern House.
This is a permanent, full time role working 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday between 7.00am and 8.00pm. You will also be part of on an on-call rota. On offer will be a salary of £23,300 per annum plus an additional £50 per month when on-call. This role will report into the Facilities Operation Manager – Workplace Solutions.
This role will support the cleaning and building function in the day-to-day management and direction of the team. A main area of responsibility will be around managing and promoting quality, ensuring that an efficient service is delivered.
The post holder will manage and monitor the daily delivery of services across a designated area, ensuring that performance quality and service efficiency is at the forefront of their work.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Recruit, supervise and deploy cleaners and Building Support Officers in council buildings. Allocate work and cleaning specifications as appropriate, ensuring that cleaning is carried out in accordance with building specifications and variation orders.
· Arrange cover for the team during periods of absence, liaising with the Operational Manager on any complex issues.
· Manage, monitor and deliver all aspects of training, to ensure that the service has a suitably skilled and qualified workforce which is able to comply with the service specifications and Health & Safety obligations.
· Check quality levels of work within buildings in accordance with the service quality assurance procedure to ensure consistent adherence to service standards.
· Carry out management related duties in relation to staff inductions, appraisals, absence management, grievance and disciplinary (non-complex) to ensure that the workforce adheres to company policies/procedures.
· Liaise with client representatives and building managers to promote the services and to resolve any performance/quality concerns in order to maximise business opportunities and promote customer relations.
· Manager and monitor the overtime timesheets, complete and authorise any additional work to ensure that accurate payments are made in a timely manner. Ensure timely processing of monthly employee changes to prevent any unnecessary delays.
· Manage and monitor usage of materials for the buildings to ensure sufficient supplies are kept onsite to undertake the required work.
· Manage minor repairs in the buildings and equipment to ensure that the equipment is kept in safe working order.
· Notwithstanding the above list of duties/responsibilities, the job holder will be required to undertake such work as may be determined by the operational Manager or other designated person from time to time, up to a level commensurate with job grade.
· The team will be expected to undertake testing and recording eg:
· Emergency Lighting
· Tap Temperature
· Legionella Flushing
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and experience required:
· Management/Supervisory qualification or equivalent knowledge to support the role
· Positive approach to problem solving
· Excellent leadership and customer service skills
· Experience of finance processes
· Excellent organisational skills and strong work ethic
· Able to cope and introduce change positively
· Previous training/coaching experience (desirable)
· Knowledge of manual handling
· Prepared to undergo training appropriate to the post
· DBS Clearance
· Flexibility to work additional hours
· Full clean driving licence
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.