ENGIE are recruiting for a Bid Writer to be based in Waltham Abbey, EN9 1DX. This is a permanent full time role working Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 17:00 and Friday 08:00 - 16:00. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance and benefits package.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, facilities management and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
We work alongside government departments, local authorities and the wider public sector as a strategic partner for developing more sustainable, efficient and vibrant communities.
Not only are we able to create and shape communities across the country, but we also have the expertise to maintain and support them – ensuring that we are offering sustainable initiatives that deliver a lifelong impact. We are a market leader in both urban regeneration and district energy,
a significant provider of place-based services and energy efficiency and we have the ability to develop smart digital solutions and the connected home.
Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to work in ENGIE's London and South Regeneration (LSR) Bid team, managing the process of compiling and producing high quality submissions in order to achieve contract wins. Working on deals typically between £100,000 to £50 million in value. By winning work, the Bid team ensures that the company can maintain its success, with this region continuing to grow. The majority of work in the region is focused on refurbishment of buildings, mainly housing, although both public and commercial buildings are increasingly important.
· Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of allocated selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
· Planning, drafting, writing and coordinating responses to bids. Be able to construct relevant answers which clearly answer the client’s requirements, ensuring the company is in the best position to be successful in the process.
· Build internal and external relationships with individuals in order to create quality bids
· Visit operational sites and other offices. Gather information from other stakeholders and share information with the rest of the team, either through written reports or verbally, to record the visit
· Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the team
· Undertake research for the team to improve bid content
· Develop and use creative approaches to the writing and presentation of bids
· Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy
· Ensure the quality of the response meets the company standards
· Maintain a high level of market intelligence, legislative requirements and best practice in order to create winning bids
· Ensure accurate and up to date information is used in all submitted documents
· Updating a library of company standard SQ and tender responses (Boilerplate)
· Create / assist with PowerPoint presentations
· Provide administrative support as required
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.co.uk/
What we are looking for:
· Previous experience in social housing bids
· A skill that would add value to the team for example a graphic design background; expertise in Repairs & Maintenance bids; expertise in new build bids etc.
· Experience of working on site
Skills and Knowledge:
· Industry knowledge – familiar with the industry as a whole
· Proven written communication skills
· Able to work effectively as part of a team
· Good at developing relationships with wide spectrum of people
· High level of interpersonal skills
· Able to communicate at all levels
· Ability to prepare and make a presentation to a small audience
· Educated to A level standard as a minimum
· Computer literate in MSOffice (Word is essential)
· You will occasionally visit projects and other offices – note that the position does include a company car/car allowance)
Why work for us?
At ENGIE, we are passionate about improving the lives of the communities that we serve so they can continue to thrive and grow. From homes to hospitals, schools to municipal buildings - our broad set of skills provides a unique offer that will make a real difference.
Our services include:
· Facilities management
· Business services
· Energy supply and efficiency
· Energy infrastructure
· Property services and maintenance
· Estate regeneration, including refurbishment
· Regenerating and maintaining community and public facilities
· Affordable homes and homes for older people
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 150,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €66.6 billion in 2016.
We offer you:
· Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
· Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
· Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
· Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
· Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
· Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.