ENGIE are recruiting for a Bid Writer to be based in Waltham Abbey, Essex. This is a permanent full time role working 39 hours per week. On offer will be a competitive salary. The role holder will report into the Bid Manager
The main purpose of the role is to work in ENGIE's London and South Regeneration (LSR) Bid team, managing the process of compiling and producing high quality submissions in order to achieve contract wins. Working on deals typically between £100,000 to £50 million in value. By winning work, the Bid team ensures that the company can maintain its success, with this region continuing to grow. The majority of work in the region is focused on refurbishment of buildings, mainly housing, although both public and commercial buildings are increasingly important.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of allocated selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
· Planning, drafting, writing and coordinating responses to bids. Be able to construct relevant answers which clearly answer the client’s requirements, ensuring the company is in the best position to be successful in the process.
· Build internal and external relationships with individuals in order to create quality bids
· Visit operational sites and other offices. Gather information from other stakeholders and share information with the rest of the team, either through written reports or verbally, to record the visit
· Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the team
· Undertake research for the team to improve bid content
· Develop and use creative approaches to the writing and presentation of bids
· Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy
· Ensure the quality of the response meets the company standards
· Maintain a high level of market intelligence, legislative requirements and best practice in order to create winning bids
· Ensure accurate and up to date information is used in all submitted documents
· Updating a library of company standard SQ and tender responses (Boilerplate)
· Create / assist with PowerPoint presentations
· Provide administrative support as required
· Any other reasonable management request For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Previous Experience and Qualifications
· Previous experience in social housing bids
· Industry knowledge – familiar with the industry as a whole
· Proven written communication skills
· Able to work effectively as part of a team
· Good at developing relationships with wide spectrum of people
· High level of interpersonal skills
· Able to communicate at all levels
· Ability to prepare and make a presentation to a small audience
· A skill that would add value to the team for example a graphic design background; expertise in Repairs & Maintenance bids; expertise in new build bids etc.
· Experience of working on site
· Skills / Knowledge
· Ability to confidently make an independent presentation
· Advanced skills in MSOffice including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and InDesign
· Demonstrates an understanding of how actions taken and words spoken influence other people around For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.