ENGIE Services is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services and outsourcing solutions for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers’ benefit from airports to office parks and industrial sites.
ENGIE Services is part of ENGIE in North America, which manages a range of energy businesses in the U.S. and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, retail energy sales and energy optimization services. ENGIE (formerly GDF SUEZ) employs 154,950 people worldwide.
Job Office: Manchester Airport
Position Status: Regular, Full Time
Number of positions: 1
Schedule: To be confirmed. The chosen candidate needs to be able to work on all shifts for the needs of the operations.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Technician is responsible of the operation, the maintenance and repair of Baggage Handling System (BHS), Passenger boarding bridges (PBB) and HVAC systems in Manchester Airport. He must be proactive in risk assessment of probable equipment failure or operation disturbances. He also ensures the proper implementation of the contingency plan. He is in charge of the preventive and corrective maintenance. He makes sure that safety rules and regulations are followed in the execution on daily intervention or projects. If you are willing to learn and get experience, this position may interest you.
· Perform preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance on various equipment like Baggage handling systems, Passenger Boarding Bridge systems and HVAC systems.
· Complete tasks such as mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and motor replacements when necessary.
· Responsible for daily maintenance checks.
· Performs periodic inspections, tests, and preventive maintenance schedule and report findings.
· Required to effectively perform and document all completed tasks via internal tracking system.
· Report all process problems to manager and recommend corrective actions.
· Check the job site for safe system operations and report to the company's management in writing any unsafe conditions or operations and the circumstances of any accidents.
· Strive to achieve the highest levels of maintenance performance to benefit the Customer's long-term satisfaction.
· Perform periodic inspections of HVAC systems and their components to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance.
· Diagnose causes of HVAC systems problems and identify solutions.
· Repair heating and air conditioning systems and/or components like pumps, motors, air handlers, etc.
· Maintain and operate a computerized maintenance program.
· Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot air handlers, VAV boxes, and all associated air exchangers, pumps, controls and monitoring, etc.
· Responsibility for equipment startup, monitoring, and efficient operation.
· Respond to complaints from tenants assisting other trades as necessary.
· Read and interpret drawings and control schematics.
· Perform other tasks as assist other trades as assigned.
· May be required to assist with system operations in emergency situations and perform other duties as instructed by immediate supervisor.
· High School Diploma or equivalent;
· 2 years of experience in a similar position with mechanical or electrical experience;
· Computer literacy and MS Office computer skills;
· Knowledge of computerized maintenance programs (CMMS) a must;
· Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24 hour basis;
· Ability to bend, stoop, climb and crawl;
· Ability to work from ladders, lifts, scaffolding and in tight places;
· Ability to pass all background checks and obtain a security clearance at the required level as per airport requirements.
· Health and safety oriented;
· Strong Customer Service Skills;
· Willing to learn and self motivated;
· Team Player;
· Written and oral communication skills in English;
· Excellent initiative and troubleshooting skills required as well as good problem-solving skills;
· Able to work with minimum supervision;
· Availability and flexibility.
· Technical Education or trade is a great asset;
· Knowledge of operation and maintenance of air and water systems in public, industrial or office building with a variable air volume HVAC system;
· Knowledge of Metasys preferred;
· Refrigeration technician license;
· Passenger Boarding Bridge or Baggage Handling System experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
ENGIE Services Inc. is committed to the principles of equality in employment and invites women, aboriginals, members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.