Engie is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at Engie?
ENGIE are recruiting for an Assistant Knowledge Manager to be based in Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LQ. This is a permanent full time role (working 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9.00 - 17:00) and on offer will be a competitive salary and bonus scheme. This role will report into the Knowledge Manager
The Central Business Development team supports the UK Business Unit by developing and supporting strategic programmes, developing new and innovative business solutions, project managing the flow of bid opportunities including pricing and proposals, providing a centralised approach to knowledge management, and supporting the commercial positioning of our bids.
· To support the Central Knowledge Management function to become market leading in serving and anticipating the diverse needs, wants and desires of our internal and external customers across the UKBU.
· Support the business development community in the creation of innovative proposals that anticipate future market changes.
· The role will support the future growth of the business as it will be key to the content and quality of our bid submissions across the UKBU
· The role will build a strong relationships with Subject Matter Experts supporting them in the development of great content
· Contribute to the Knowledge Management Strategy
· Support the enhancement of the central Business Development Platform (BDP); its content, functionality, marketing, training and adoption across the business
· Content generation in the form of case studies, contract profiles and standard response
· Review and update processes and work flows to ensure quality control measures are adhered to, standards maintained and content is kept up to date
· Build and nurture a network of Subject Matter Experts from across the business to create and enhance content
· In liaison with Business Development personnel, proactively translate future market trends and customer needs into BDP content and functionality so as to pre-empt future content requests
· Actively seek out and identify best practice; publicising its arrival to the BDP
· Supporting internal customer requests for knowledge; listening to their requirements and navigating them to the best fit content
· Support the ‘Red Review’ process for major bids
· Supporting lessons learnt processes with Bid Managers to continuously understand customer perception and improvements required
· To actively ‘market’ the BDP and professional approach towards Knowledge Managemen t
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
· A market leading professional Knowledge Management Centre – fully accessible by all using Office 365/SharePoint technology
· Logical, navigable and accessible systems and processes associated with finding knowledge content
· Consistency and excellence in the recommended content with tight quality control measures.
· A quality over quantity philosophy in creating and maintaining knowledge content
· Widespread adoption and general enthusiasm for the BDP with quality content regularly proposed by the users
· Knowledge database that meets the needs of the business but also anticipates the next suite of requirements and has content ready in advance
· Business outcomes should include: time and costs saving in bid production
· BDP user outcomes should include: improved morale in undertaking bids by working more efficiently/effectively via the BDP content
· The role requires strong stakeholder engagement and frequent contact with people at all levels of the organisation, in all divisions and across multiple disciplines e.g. Sales, Bidding, Operations, SHEQ, CSR, HR, Technical etc
Knowledge and Skills:
· Structured processes – An understanding of work flows, bid cycles and the needs of bid professionals in accessing knowledge
· Knowledge systems e.g. SharePoint – understanding configurations, restrictions and ultimately how to maximise uptake by getting the best out of technology.
· Reviewing content– knowing what good looks like and ensuring only the best makes it through the filter to the end customer
· People Skills – Able to work with people at all levels and from different backgrounds to extract knowledge, improve quality content and understand market dynamics.
· Customer Service - able to work with people to understand their needs and provide bespoke solutions to their Knowledge Management challenges
· Continuous improvement – Tools, techniques and methodologies to ensure content, processes and systems are consistently monitored, challenged and enhanced The job holder will have the following skills:
· Good interpersonal skills in order to manage and develop cross business relationships
· Good communication skills in order to communicate concisely and clearly, whilst being able to adapt communication styles to suit the relevant audience
· Ownership of issues through to resolution and ability to work under pressure
· Excellent writing skills in order to produce content
· Excellent planning, organisation & verbal
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
· Proficient skills in SharePoint or similar Knowledge Management systems, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Projects. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Working in a Knowledge Management function / Service in a complex diverse business environment
· Working within the business development lifecycle, the stages involved and requirements at each step from knowledge management system users
· Enhancing Office365 / SharePoint / similar Knowledge management systems to maximise uptake, functionality and future proofing
· Development of written content, reviewing content, challenging and enhancing quality
· Proactively sourcing new content, liaising with subject matter experts
· Analysing problems, designing methodical improvement plans, driving projects through to completion Qualifications:
· Degree educated in a relevant technical or business subject or relevant experience
· Knowledge Management e.g. CKM, CKP, CKS or similar
· APMP / Prince 2 desirable
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.