Description de l'offre
ENGIE are recruiting for an Assistant Estimator to be based at Hatfield Office - Titan Court, 3 Bishop Square, Hatfield AL10 9NA. This is a permanent full time role working
Monday - Thursday 8 am - 5 pm, Friday 8 am - 4 pm . On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role of the Assistant Estimator is to establish an accurate cost of a variety of tender bids prior to adjudication within the region of £500,000.00, and reporting directly to the Estimator.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To ensure tender adjudications have been arranged with the correct time frame sufficient notice
· To ensure that the correct members of the operations departments and board have been notified in good time for tender adjudication
· To ensure planning meetings have been arranged if necessary with sufficient notice
· To ensure tender abstracts are completed correctly and agree sub contractors to be used for any given scheme with the operations departments
· To ensure a site visit has been organised with the respective manager(s) from the operations departments and sub contractors if required
· To ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use
· To price the remaining elements of any scheme using current competitive rates
· To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication to be under taken
· To attend tender adjudications and explain in detail the thinking behind established tender cost
· To amend pricing element of tender documentation as agreed during the tender review and submit tender by due date and time
· To ensure that supporting tender documentation has been completed correctly and returning with priced tender documentation by due date and time
· Following up with clients to establish company’s standing
· Establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with all prospective clients
· To ensure a non-confrontational approach with any clients at any time
· To ensure any post tender requirements of the client has been carried out
· To ensure discipline and professional standards are maintained
· To comply with the competition law compliance guidelines
· Ensure that you are cognizant of associated risks applicable in carrying out your role and the proper measures are adopted to manage, control and minimise any risks which may apply to your daily duties.
· Comply with the terms and conditions detailed within the employee’s handbook
· Ensure that all staff comply with the operating procedures of the Estimating Department
· Look to develop good working relationships with manufacturers, suppliers etc and generate new business opportunities for the company
· To ensure all post tender documentation has been completed and returned to Estimating Support
· Any other reasonable management request. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Experience & Skills Required:
· Experience of working on Social Housing / Education projects
· Excellent Excel Skills
· Working experience of presenting technical and complex information
· Ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
· First rate communication skills both written and verbal
· Excellent attention to detail
· Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively delegates as appropriate For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.