ENGIE are recruiting for 4 x Assistant Estate Managers to be based at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. These are permanent, full time roles working a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off, 2 days, 2 nights. On offer is a competitive salary and company benefits package.
The roles will assist the Technical Services Managers in the provision of Hard FM & Lifecycle Services whilst delivering a high-quality and statutory compliant maintenance service. The role will include assisting in the operation, repair and maintenance of mechanical engineering services whilst working within a multi-disciplinary hard service team environment
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the day to day performance of the relevant Acute Shift team including: Planned, Corrective and Reactive maintenance tasks
· Managing and directing staff in a safe and efficient manner
· Deliver training to staff on relevant subjects as appropriate so experience is gained (e.g. toolbox talks & trade specific subject matter).
· Responsible for the action and validation of time sheets, on-call sheet, Annual leave requests and general personnel issues.
· Ensure that Planned and scheduled preventative maintenance activities for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system or other works management system, are compliant with Statute, Contract Requirements, Regulations, ACOP’s and Guidance (HTM’s).
· Responsible for specific elements of budgetary control and give additional assistance with financial controls with reference to departmental budgetary control, regular stock takes and asset list refreshes
· Carry out inspections and audits of both in house and 3rd party staff to ensure compliance with Contract Requirements, in a timely manner, to the required standard and documented correctly.
· Responsible for the safety of plant, equipment and infrastructure, compliance documentation and for safe working practices.
· Ensure that plant and equipment data and information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner to enable accurate Condition Surveys and assist in the subsequent Lifecycle Planning as required.
· To establish and implement monitoring systems to ensure that maintenance standards and compliance are to the optimum.
Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
We are looking for candidates to either a Mechanical or Electrical background:
· City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering Level 2 & 3
· City & Guilds Pipefitting & Plumbing Level 2 & 3
· City & Guilds Plumbing Level 2 & 3
· Relevant City & Guilds Mechanical qualifications
· Electrical Installation – Approved apprenticeship with either:
· City & Guild 236 Part 1, 2 & 3 Parts A, B, C or
· City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1, 2, 3 or
· City & Guilds 2330 Level 2, Level 3, (Level 4 – desirable) or
· City & Guilds 2560 (2357) – Diploma
· 18th Edition of the Wiring Regulations (BS 7671 – 2018 Amendment)
· City & Guilds 2394 Testing & Inspection Certification
· City & Guilds 2395 Testing & Inspection Certification
We will also consider applicants with the following qualifications:
· ONC or National Certificate in relevant area
· HNC/HND in a relevant area
· Additional AP including:
· HTM-02 Authorised Persons for Medical Gas Pipelines Systems (MGPS)
· HTM-03 Authorised Persons for specialist Ventilations Systems
· HTM-06-(02)(03) Authorised Persons for LV and/or HV
· Authorised Persons for Mechanical Systems
· BOAS Systems
· ACoP L8 – Responsible Persons for Legionella
· Confined Spaces Authorised Persons
· MEWP Training IPAF
· Management experience in an NHS environment
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign in' to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
· Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021