ENGIE are recruiting for an Assistant Catering Manager to be based in Pinderfields Hospital, Aberford Road, Wakefield WF1 4DG. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £26,500 per annum.
This role reports directly into the General Catering Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· The hygienic handling and safe preparation of food products, in accordance with food hygiene legislation and the Company's Food Safety Policy (HACCP) as outlined in the FSMS.
· Production of food to the highest standards.
· Ensuring readiness for service and setting the pace for peak trade in all outlets, matching facings to demand.
· Ensuring all food is presented for service in a timely manner and in correct sequence.
· Ensuring highest standards of personal hygiene practices, as indicated by legislation and Company Food Safety Policy (HACCP) and an understanding of electronic temperature monitoring systems.
· Ensuring observance and compliance of Health & Safety regulations and Best Working Practice.
· Ensuring chefs follow standard recipes to ensure standardisation of final dishes, and also to ensure correct and economical use of resources. All costings to be updated annually or where there is an influx in pricing due to inflation/economic reasons.
· Working in conjunction with the Catering Manager to review, develop and introduce new dishes to the menu cycle on a regular basis.
· Ensuring continuous service improvements to provide a service that is competitive and responsive to customer needs, whilst promoting the Company's catering brand.
· Making initial informed judgements about quality of ingredients and reporting to Catering Manager where discrepancies are evident.
· Overseeing cleanliness of food production and food service areas including staff change, etc (all areas) in line with work schedules, policy and legislation as dictated in the FSMS.
· Overseeing monitoring/compliance of fridge/freezer temperatures as part of daily work routine, and reporting units operating outside the temperatures as indicated in the FSMS.
· Showing understanding of healthy eating principles and applying these to staff and visitor catering service, to ensure the contract keeps the local council Healthy Eating Award.
· Deputising for Catering Manager during times of absence. Duties at such times will be confined to operational issues, such as ensuring food orders are completed, staffing levels maintained and food safety is observed, together with any training and people-related requests/challenges which may occur.
· Ensuring compliance with Company's and Hospital Control of Infection Policy with respect to Food Hygiene, particularly Bare Below the Elbow and also 5 Moments of Hand Hygiene and HACCP.
· Ensuring all stock is secure and no loss of stock, and to action if needed.
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications / Skills & Experience Required:
· Must be willing to undertake mandatory and refresher training as appropriate to the job, including Food Safety Level 3/4, Food Hygiene, Manual Handling, Health & Safety, COSHH and Fire Safety.
· Strong leadership skills with proven track record and adequate experience in similar role.
· Able to support new members of production and front of house staff in a mentoring role.
· Able to inspire and motivate team to achieve food to specification, and therefore achieve sales and profit.
· Responsible for training and developing chefs and catering team to deliver food to company specification.
· Assisting in setting up Personnel files within timeframes and dealing with personnel queries in real time as they occur, ensuring transparency and action-based approach.
· Assisting in performance and review of all kitchen staff on an ongoing basis.
· Excellent communication and team working skills.
· Able to use own initiative to deal with challenges and opportunities.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.