Engie have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Bid Manager, to be based at 12 Merchant Court, Monkton Business Park South, Hebburn, NE31 2EX. This is a fixed term (maternity cover) role, commencing 01/08/2019 until 01/08/2020. Working hours will be between 8 am & 5:30 pm Monday - Friday. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The main purpose of the Assistant Bid Manager role, is to assist in the management of the entire bid process, taking specific ownership and accountability for the management of all or specific elements of bids. Ownership and accountability for the management of the back-office functions and back-office information. This role reports into the Bid Manager and Head of Bids.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include :
· Day to day responsibility for managing bids and the team members responsible for supporting and developing specific elements of the bid, in liaison with the Bid Manager and Head of Bids.
· Hold and manage Bid Launch meetings.
· Hold and manage Bid Review meetings.
· Manage external Bid Writers as required.
· Liaison with the Estimating team as required as part of the management of the Bid.
· Liaison with the appropriate internal bid team.
· Liaising with regional businesses through agreed channels, including supporting the development of the BDP.
· Managing the back-office functions, with the support of the Bid Coordinator, including tracking and managing the production of general CVs and Case Studies (to support future bids).
· Managing internal and external relationships with the wider bid team and Business Development Manager.
· Reporting progress of bids to the Bid Coordinator and the Head of Bids.
· Production of Bid Plans, including:
· Agreeing the bid strategy.
· Agreeing and managing actions to support the bid, including agreeing and managing key dates in line with the bid programme.
· Increasing understanding of market and positions in the sector.
· BDM to gain market intelligence.
· Supporting the production and maintenance of a project bid budget.
· Offer assistance, support and mentoring to other team members. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Bid Submissions and Bid Preparations
· Bid writing experience
· Experience within Bid Management
· Experience with preparing and holding presentations and meetings
· Industry specific knowledge
· Proven track record in the sector or similar role Skills:
· Able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically
· Have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Must be organised and able to manage their time effectively
· Be pro active
· Be confident and enthusiastic
· Understand the power of relationships
· Self-motivated with the ability to manage a team
· High level of interpersonal skills
· Good at developing relationships
· Able to communicate at all levels
· Proven management skills
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
“if you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview . ”
· Posting Date: Jun 25, 2019