ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Assistant Accountant Apprentice to be based in Newcastle upon Tyne. This is an apprenticeship lasting 18 months, working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £8,970 per annum.
Working alongside the Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting Teams, the Apprentice will be given responsibility of data processing and data manipulation to provide reports and information to aid the month end process and deliver team SLAs
· Manage the Financial Accounting mailbox and ensure that the 24 hour SLA is achieved at all times
· Ensure adherence to the balance sheet recs timetable
· Completion of payroll reconciliation matching exercise
· GRIR cleardown/ management of MR11 transactions
· Run Winshuttle (automation software)/ preparation of balance sheet recs
· Process monthly recurring journals
· Prepare balance sheet clear down journals where required
· Support to monthly allocations process
· Process reversing journals
· Balance sheet recs preparation on low risk balances
· Ad Hoc Support to project accountant
· Assist in responding to requests for information from the business
· Assist in the reporting of the final month end/ budget numbers to Group
· Provide input to the development of effective business continuity arrangements within own areas of responsibility.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Hold or expect to achieve 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C and above (or equivalent)
· Understanding of how central finance function should operate and service the business
· Knowledge of MS Excel
Closing Date = 20th August 2019
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Jul 19, 2019