ENGIE are recruiting for a Apprentice Labourer to be based at Waremead Road, Gants Hill, Ilford, Essex, IG2 6TF. This is a full time role on a fixed term contract until 31st August 2019 working 40 hours per week. On offer is a salary in line with the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage relevant to the age of the person.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Site team with day to day running of the project. To carry out the duties as a Labourer in accordance with Company policies and Procedures. Adhere to all requirements set by SHEQ team, policy and strategy. The successful candidate will be Working towards a Level 2 qualification in Facilities Services, whilst gaining practical work experience. 20% of the time will be spent on job training, delivered by ENGIE and Qube Learning our chosen training provide.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Assist tradesman as directed in carrying out their day to day duties
· Ensuring that the site is kept clean and tidy at all times
· Load and unload deliveries
· Undertake all work to a high standard with minimal risk to Health and Safety
· To work with others and provide a courteous and considerate service to members of the public
· Complete and maintain accurate records and paperwork where necessary
· To wear appropriate clothing and PPE
· Be responsible for your own safety and all other around you
· Make every effort to attend mandatory courses relevant to your role
· To maintain and care for all company tools
· To attend all relevant training courses, including all health and safety courses arranged by the employer.
· To work in accordance with any training and instructions given and bring to the attention of the Employer any shortcomings and defects in the management systems and protective measures.
· Any other reasonable management request
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
Skills and abilities
· Professional attitude and approach to work
· Polite and courteous
· Current and Valid Full & Clean UK driving license
· Previous site-based experience desirable
· Some knowledge of health & safety legislation
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.