ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for Apprentice Joiners to be based sites based across the North East . This is a 2 year fixed term apprenticeship role, Training Provided by Sunderland College. On offer is a competitive salary in line with National Apprentice Salary.
The main purpose of the role is to To achieve to become a fully trained Joiner to the standard laid down by the C.I.T.B. and Trade Unions and achieve the National Vocational Qualification NVQ3. The apprentice joiner will be site based and expected to travel by their own means within the employers operating area. To understand, implement and adhere to ENGIE SHEQ requirements.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
To assist and carry out project defined joinery work to a high standard as directed by the Site Manager.
· This role does involve lifting, bending, kneeling and use of tools and machinery
· To achieve all units laid down by the C.I.T.B. National Vocational Qualifications to achieve a standard in joinery acceptable to the company
· To work in accordance with any training and instructions given and bring to the attention of the employer any shortcomings and defects in the management systems and protective measures
· Material co-ordination
· Ensure accurate / timely completion of any relevant site based documentation
· Adhere to Company quality standards to include compliance with specification / Compliance with materials and workmanship
· To attend all relevant training courses including all SHEQ courses arranged by the employer including Tool Box Talks
· Making repairs and restoring damaged parts
· Maintain and care for all company tools
· Wear appropriate clothing and PPE specific to tasks
· Ensure all areas of work are left clean and tidy at the end of the working day
· Any other reasonable management request
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Aug 9, 2019