- Application Officer x 2 (Fixed Term) – North Tyneside
- (United Kingdom)
Application Officer x 2 – North TynesideENGIE are recruiting for 2 Application Officers to be based in Quadrant East, The Silverlink North, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY.
This is a permanent full time role (working 37.5 hours per week) and on offer will be a salary of up to £36,000 per annum. This role will report into the Manager.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Engie are contracted to provide ICT services to North Tyneside Council.
· This role will provide second and third line implementation, maintenance and application and interface support services to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's applications and all of the application interfaces which deliver the end-to-end business process.
· The role will also provide resource in the support of the implementation of some large-scale projects.
· Plans own work to deliver in agreed timescales
· Works closely with service desk team to resolve incidents within SLAs and undertakes problem management
· Proactively identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution
· Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
· Contributes to the planning of maintenance and installation work and implements planned updates
· Plans application support activities
· Works with ICT team members and assesses system requirements and specifications, identifying and addressing any potential issues prior to implementation.
· Implements, configures, supports applications during the hours required by the Business ensuring application availability, performance, reliability, maintainability, serviceability and capacity are provided in line with agreed service level agreements:
· Provides 2nd and 3rd line application support resolving all incidents and requests in line with SLA’s and under taking problem managing working closely with Service Management and Infrastructure Support
· Implements service continuity / disaster recovery, capacity management, configuration and asset management, data protection and IT security
· Ensures all applications adhere to security policies and appropriate escalation processes are in place for all applications
· Documents all applications and integration components for support purposes in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and adheres to any applicable configuration management procedures
· Identifies key issues and risk elements and escalates promptly
· Supports the planning and delivers patches, maintenance releases and all major product enhancement releases to applications and integration components:
· Works with internal and external supplier relationships to ensure new fixes and maintenance releases are delivered in a timely fashion
· Introduces, promotes and encourages enterprise and innovation throughout the team, in looking for new answers and delivery of a fresh approach.
· Responsible for supporting the Applications Manager in undertaking activities required to deliver IT solutions that meet the business needs.
· Estimates and carries out systems work to time, budget and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards.
· Takes appropriate responsibility for IT Security
· Takes responsibility for maintaining and reporting up to date and accurate inventory information on the Council’s ICT assets
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Oracle RDBMS
· SQL server databases
· SQL ; PL/SQL
· Development of Unix Shell Scripts and using Unix commands.
· Oracle database management tools like Toad or Oracle Developer
· Sql Server database management tools like MS SQL Server Management Studio
· .Net, PHP or any other Development Language
· Database and Microsoft Windows task scheduling
· Demonstrable application support and development experience.
· Ability to develop practical solutions to user and system requirements.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Able to manage and prioritise tasks and work schedules.
· Positive customer service skills and friendly, flexible manner.
· Ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to non technical staff.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Graduate level or equivalent with experience of the application of relevant tools in a multidisciplinary ICT organisation.
· Formal ICT application development training.
· Completed Higher Education in ICT related area.
· Foundation Certificate in ITIL Service Management
· Knowledge of Public sector
· Evidence of involvement and positive contribution to ICT projects.
· Current projects for which experience and skill would be advantageous:
· Financial Analytics from Oracle e-business suite, MS 365, SharePoint, Data Migration, GIS, Drupal open source development, Outsystems development
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK.
Any applicant requiring relocation will need to do this at their own expense. There is no re-location package with this job role.
Any internal applicant must inform their line manager of their intended application.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.