ENGIE are recruiting for an Application Developer to be based in ENGIE, No. 1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. This is a permanent full time role working 37 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £40,000 - £45,000, dependent upon skills and experience, bonus and benefits package.
· You will primarily be developing web & mobile applications and integrations to back-end systems for energy supply Customers (residential & business) across a mix of Cloud-based and internally hosted services. However, the development team is key to delivering on ENGIE’s strategy of a zero-carbon transition and upcoming work will see us diversify into solutions for Electric Vehicles and Connected Homes.
· Full Stack Development using C# and Microsoft.Net is the norm and will be tracked from User stories within Jira. Angular frameworks are employed for Web applications and data maintained in Microsoft SQL server.
· Working in a small development & test team you will be expected to influence to the evolution of business and system requirements and contribute to the design of technical solutions to feed a delivery pipeline that increasingly employs Agile methods such as SCRUM and Kanban. You will be required to develop unit tested code and then support test cycles up to and including post implementation validation. You will be required to contribute to the transition into service and ongoing support of the applications in our area which provides the opportunity to reduce technical debt and rationalise our technical footprint
· Project work is varied in size and complexity and you will be expected to contribute to several concurrent initiatives, sometimes working alone on the smaller work items. Every day brings a new set of challenges as the demands and priorities of our business fluctuate.
· You will be encouraged to further improve your skills and the team’s capabilities and be expected to identify and introduce improved tools and ways of working to increase efficiency and reduce time to market. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
These position require several years of practical experience in a similar development environment. We require a good balance of technical and personal/softer skills so successful candidates can be fully effective immediately.
· Full stack developers preferred with extensive experience across software and web development in the following;
· C# and Microsoft.Net development experience
· Using Angular framework for web applications
· Microsoft SQL Server
· A candidate is expected to understand and can demonstrate experience across the delivery lifecycle, including post implementation stages such as Early Life, Warranty and Operational support. Understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methods and when to apply these is also expected.
· Knowledge and experience in DevOps techniques such as continuous deployment and automated testing to shorten delivery timeframes is seen as a significant advantage. Knowledge of the Energy Supply industry is not a pre-requisite but would help in understanding the context of some of the project work they will be involved in.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
“if you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview . ”
· Posting Date: Jul 6, 2019