Our Electrical division currently have a number of exciting opportunities for those looking to start a career in Electrical & Communications - 1st year Apprenticeships to commence Early February 2020.
ENGIE is the largest independent power producer in the world. A global leader in energy services solutions. We are pioneering the transition to a zero-carbon economy through investment in renewable energy generation, energy efficiency and innovative services solutions.
As an ENGIE Apprentice you will learn to perform technical work on electrical and data cabling systems under the supervision of a qualified tradesperson and in accordance with the Company’s safety, quality and customer standards.
The Apprentice Electrician is required to attend trade school in order to complete the off-the-job component of the Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Electrician qualification.
The duties of an Apprentice Electrician include:
• Assist with electrical and cabling installations, reading drawings / interpretation, specifications
• Assist with programming, testing and commissioning of various electrical and cabling systems across commercial building sites and premises
• Follow relevant codes and industry standards which govern electrical installation and maintenance
• Attend call outs
• Demonstrate aptitude with electrical and mechanical tools
• Understand written information and instructions and correspond clearly and concisely
• Understand inventory stock components used
• Administrative tasks
• Other duties as directed
Essential requirements include:
•Career focused with an interest in Electrical & Communications
•Interested in self learning and developing your skills
•Good work ethic with a positive attitude
•Customer service and communication skills
•Completed of Year 12 studies
Ideal but not essential:
•Completed a Pre-Apprenticeship in Electrotechnology would be an advantage
•Drivers License, or on your Learners License
•Some prior work experience, preferably in a trade environment would be an advantage
Successful candidates will be required to undertake National Police Clearance and Medical clearance prior to commencement.
If you are interested in starting your career in Electrical & Communications, all you need to do is apply via this website.
ENGIE Services is an EEO employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to the opportunities available .
· Posting Date: Nov 25, 2019