THE ROLE: The E-Car team are currently seeking a highly motivated and professionally-minded Marketing Intern to support the Marketing Team in realising targets related to membership numbers and utilisation of the fleet. The successful candidate will take responsibility for activities such as creation/editing of web pages, email marketing, market research, briefing and liaising with in-house Graphic Designer, assisting at numerous launches and events, social media updates, drafting press releases/blog posts and general assistance around the office.
There will be the opportunity to experience all aspects of the rapid growth phase of a social venture in the energy/transport sector, specifically end-to-end participation in the planning, development, and implementation of new schemes.
The role is a contracted, 3-month internship with the potential for a full-time, permanent position dependent upon performance.
REMUNERATION: Monthly stipend of £1250 plus London Fare Zone 1-4 travel card .
THE COMPANY: E-Car Club is an entirely electric pay-per-use car club designed to provide members of carefully selected communities and businesses throughout the UK with access to a fleet of low carbon vehicles without the high cost, emissions levels or hassle factor of private ownership.
The E-Car mission is a simple, if ambitious, one - we aim to improve local mobility whilst at the same time reducing both the cost and environmental impact of each journey undertaken.
This is an exciting time for E-Car Club as it has recently sold a majority share to Europe’s largest car hire firm, Europcar, helping to facilitate rapid growth and explore new opportunities with their backing. E-Car are supported by a number of other key partners including Sustainable Venture Development Partners, Centrica, the Institute for Sustainability, Nissan, Renault and Carplus, and are currently operating across the UK from London all the way up the Outer Hebrides islands. Several new “hubs” are planned for the next 12 months.
Potential candidates will come from a variety of backgrounds but will be expected to exhibit the following common characteristics:
- Interest and passion within the field of marketing, with supporting experience such as formal qualification and/or relevant employment
- A strong understanding and demonstrable experience in the digital field- basic HTML skills, email marketing and social media experience are highly desirable in this role
- Creative thinking with an appreciation for design and user-experience
- Appreciation and understanding of the principles behind the transition to a more energy-efficient, less carbon intensive economy (preferred but not essential)
- Strong sector interest in one or more areas of E-Car focus (e.g. Low Carbon Transport, Community Engagement or Social Entrepreneurship)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive relationships
- Excellent oral and written skills (fluency in English essential)
- Attention to detail combined with an accurate, succinct and professional writing style
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative and ‘ownership’ of assignments or problems encountered