· Job Description:
As a subject matter expert, analyzes and maintains tax records. Prepares and completes highly complex tax returns and reports concerning federal, state, local, international, property, sales, and other tax liabilities. Develops guidance and recommends tax strategies by researching and interpreting tax laws.
Essential Job Functions
· Prepares and analyzes highly complex tax records and reports to meet business needs; ensures records are current and accurate.
· Prepares highly complex local, state, and federal tax returns to meet business needs; ensures compliance with governmental tax laws. Leads assignments that may include conducting internal audits relating to tax matters, assisting with external tax audits, and preparing guidelines or policies related to tax compliance.
· Oversees preparation of claims for tax refunds; researches inquiries from government agencies regarding filings, compliance, and other claims.
· Prepares statistical and financial reports designed to provide senior management with information on financial accounts. Ensures appropriate tax records are maintained for historical purposes.
· May be involved in preparing and reviewing tax returns, information forms and other filing requirements associated with international operations. Compiles required data, performs and reviews required calculations.
· Conducts complex studies and provides guidance in improving the organization's tax accounting operation. Supports regular tax briefings for business units.
· Reviews and analyzes proposals for tax implications; recommends actions that meet business plans and manage tax liability.
· Provides tax review and modeling of proposed mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings. Provides tax feedback and solutions to senior corporate and operating business executives to ensure that the tax implications of deals and capital planning alternatives are understood and properly considered in their design.
· Oversees and monitors tax audits. Works closely with other departments and/or senior management concerning tax implications of mergers and acquisitions. Collaborates with other departments and/or clients on special projects as needed.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred
· Twelve or more years of tax accounting or finance experience
· Experience working with tax laws; may include domestic and international
· Experience working with tax forms and processing
· Experience working with accounting principles and accounting software and databases
· Experience working with auditing and generally accepted accounting principles
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong good editing skills in order to review legal documents
· Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Strong communication skills for providing documentation to support personnel, customers, and managers
· Strong communication skills to work with government tax agencies
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment