· Job Description:
Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers’ businesses. As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the company’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers. Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Contribute to organization’s profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development.
· Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
· Understands a broad spectrum of the company's technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
· Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program; assisting in the preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations; and participating in customer meetings.
· Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
· Contributes to design for specific deliverables and assists in the development of technical solutions.
· Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
· Understands the company strategy and the role that the individual plays.
· Uses knowledge tools and re- uses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
· Uses and contributes to technical forums within the company environment and local professional communities and technical user groups.
Education and Experience Required:
· 3 - 5 years of technical experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
Knowledge and Skills:
· Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the implementation of a specific deliverable.
· Able to contribute to the design for deliverables.
· Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on individual products.
· Able to communicate broad and specific concepts with team and to peers.
· Able to produce documentation for use by team and customer.