· Job Description:
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visitwww.dxc.com
Do you want to help us grow one of the most agile, dynamic and proficient teams in the digital world?
The Digital Transformation Centres (DTC) are market leaders in offering creative, rapid and cost efficient solutioning to a multitude of business needs.
The DTC is the ‘think tank’ where this work is born, much of it is first of type, proof of concept projects - a hub for pushing the boundaries, where innovation is encouraged and applauded.
We are expanding rapidly to meet the demand, from our growing customer base, for agile driven solutions. We seek to attract the very best and passionate staff in the UK digital market.
We build Digital solutions using contemporary concepts and methods such as: Micro service architecture, API for everything, Test and Domain Driven Development.
We are looking for a Principle/Lead Go (Golang) developer with a strong understanding of how best to leverage and exploit the language’s unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax.
You’re looking for engaging projects which inspire your imagination and allow you to make a difference. You’ve got skills, enthusiasm, energy, determination and a love of learning, problem solving and creating innovative answers to technical challenges. You have an eye for clean code and enjoy working as the principle member of a team while also being responsible for your own deliverables.
You’ll join a new team working on a massively distributed computing project for a respected global automotive brand currently in the pursuit of developing autonomous vehicles.
Your primary focus will be on developing Go packages and programs that are scalable and maintainable. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
• Full life cycle from discovery to live with Agile and DevOps ways of working
• Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient microservices distributed architecture
• Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
• Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
Essential Skills & Experience:
• 3 years plus commercial Go experience, with the knack to build efficient, reusable, maintainable and reliable code, with 7 years plus software engineering experience
• Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
• Knowledge of common Go routine and channel patterns
• Experience with Go frameworks and tools, including:
o Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc
o Go's templating language
o Go's code generation tools, such as Stringer
• Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
• Shell Scripting and Linux
• Container environments using Docker & Kubernetes
• Git, CI/CD pipelines and build automation
• TDD, Automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Agile delivery utilising Scrum and Kanban methodologies
• Deep experience of designing and implementing micro services in a container environment
• Enterprise scale application design & development
• Protocol Buffers, gRPC
• AWS, Azure, Google cloud
• Serverless Computing, Message Queuing
• Can-do, will-do attitude
• Hunger to learn new technologies and methodologies
• Strong problem solving, analytical and logical skills
• Excellent team & communication skills
• Good customer facing skills and ability to clearly communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audience
• Ability and desire to share technical experience with colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to develop robust enterprise solutions within timelines
• Solid understanding of software design principles and best practices
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role.
DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.