· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Performs testing, troubleshooting and analysis tasks on various phase(s) of network systems development including integration, systems testing, interoperability testing, field test plans and customer acceptance plans to maintain the credibility/viability of the system.
· Provides support for monitoring the initial configuration and parameters of equipment for system credibility. Assists in the investigation and resolution of matters of significance in conjunction with other engineering and technical support to ensure cost effective and efficient resolution of problems.
· Designs, develops, implements and maintains test processes and diagnostic programs for assigned projects. Works closely with team lead towards the completion of specifications and procedures for new products.
· Participates in writing test plans for assigned projects. Maintains record of test progress, documents test results, prepares reports and may present results as appropriate.
· Defines test cases and creates integration and system test scripts and configuration test questionnaires from functional requirement documents. Maintains defect reports and updates reports following regression testing efforts.
· Adheres to and advocates use of established quality methodology and escalates issues as appropriate.
· May work with clients to determine systems requirements. Assists lead engineer/management in writing proposals to recommend process/program and follows through on implementation.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or related field preferred
· Three or more years of network testing experience
· Experience working with computer systems and their uses
· Experience working with telecommunications systems and their corresponding principles
· Experience working with network management and protocol system testing
· Experience working with scripting languages such as TCL, PERL, HP, etc
· Experience working with data transmission protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.
· Experience working with operating systems
· Experience working with protocols and technologies such as HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, POP3, etc
· Experience working with network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Good organization and time management skills
· Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
· Communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require shift or weekend work