· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Performs routine product design, systems analysis and programming activities on application software to ensure that company technology needs are met.
· Performs routine design, implementation and maintenance of single product modules/subsystems to ensure proper functioning of products.
· Develops, codes, tests and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software to enhance product efficiency.
· Performs bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products; researches problems discovered by quality analysts or product support to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed.
· Researches and understands marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues to ensure that product meets market demands appropriately.
· Researches new technology and development tools to remain informed of current technology and changes to old technology.
· Assists in the development of user manuals in order to ensure that documentation enables more efficient use of product.
· Writes programs according to specifications provide by higher level staff or business analysts to ensure that client requirements are met.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
· Three or more years of product design and support or systems development experience
· Experience working with software development life cycle, methodologies, design and implementation
· Experience working with product systems design principles, relational databases, firewall theory and configuration
· Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
· Experience working with company software and hardware products and related business issues that may impact overall business plans
· Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software and other relevant technologies
· Experience working with the entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
· Analytical and design skills at multiple product level
· Communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and management and for providing documentation to relevant parties
· Problem solving skills, creative thinking, and design skills for design and debugging of products
· Data analysis and software testing skills to test modifications and enhancements
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
· Office environment