· Job Description:
Provides operations and maintenance support within a moderately-complex, medium sized Storage Area Network Enterprise environment. Coordinates storage provisioning, provides support of storage infrastructure and services. Analyzes and monitors performance through the implementation of baseline changes and infrastructure upgrades. Assists in supporting the operation and maintenance of the company's storage based systems and their deployment.
Essential Job Functions
· Provides support in defining and developing product architecture through the provision of designs and evaluation of storage products in order to meet business needs.
· Works with senior team members to ensure the appropriate storage level provisioning is maintained. May assist with monitoring server/storage infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
· Provides second level technical support, guidance and direction for storage products supported. Resolves problems identified by system administrators or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability.
· Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents events to ensure continuous functioning.
· Participates in testing, upgrades and configuration of system and services. Evaluates and ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results.
· Performs operation and maintenance support within a medium-sized Storage Area Network Enterprise environment.
· Collaborates with team members on the development and analysis of system standards, thresholds and recommendations to maximize system performance.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience working with computer systems, software or associated networks
· Experience with company products and services
· Experience working with storage protocols
· Experience working with Unix systems in a multi-site environment
· Experience working with virtual technologies.
· Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
· Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
· Basic skills in integrating distributed computing hardware and software systems
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment
· May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work