· Job Description:
Under minimal supervision, provides support of distributed computer systems and designs and develops integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures. Provides technical support in appropriate distributed system environments for projects, service requests, work orders and other client requests. Able to provide day-to-day work direction for a small group of employees.
Essential Job Functions
· Provides technical expertise for appropriate level distributed systems environments on issues related to servers, local services, data centers, server configuration, and to ensure that client needs are met.
· Participates in requirements definition, specification, design, development, and integration of systems and network management on projects to ensure services adhere to client specifications.
· Tests, integrates, maintains, and addresses escalated problems in systems environments for smaller sized projects, including testing and integrating hardware and software, using necessary resources and personnel.
· Provide configuration management, inventory management, fault management, and trouble management support on already established servers or networks. Supports periodic maintenance and upgrades of distributed computer environments.
· Performs risk and consequence assessment for projects; assists in identifying cost reduction opportunities to safeguard company and client interests.
· Coordinates with technical staff in providing clients with appropriate level support services.
· May provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Assists client in setting the company distributed computing strategic technology direction based on experience and feedback from users.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of related experience
· Experience working with computer server hardware, operating systems, and specific applications within distributed systems environments
· Experience working with systems management frameworks, protocols, and tools
· Experience working with appropriate software and hardware programs
· Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
· Communication skills to interact with team members and support staff
· Skilled in integrating distributed computing hardware and software systems
· Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
· Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members, and senior level personnel
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require shift work