· Job Description:
Identifies, attracts, and interviews candidates for entry and mid level professional positions complying with company policy and equal employment opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
· Reviews applications and resumes from both internal and external sources to pre-screen for open positions. Identifies appropriate candidates. Forwards applicable candidate paperwork to appropriate hiring manager for review. Interviews selected candidates ensuring that recruiting practices comply with EEO and ADA guidelines. Coordinates interview schedule with hiring management. Arranges for travel/lodging of selected applicants at company's expense, as necessary.
· Works with management on current staffing needs for open positions to identify job requirements, source of potential applicants, and interview guides.
· Conducts or ensures reference and background checks, makes employment recommendations based on interviews, reference checks, applications and resumes. Prepares and extends job offer package to successful candidate. Provides information to relocation specialist to coordinate package.
· Participates in the development of the applicant flow database. Develops relationships with college placement personnel, contingent labor suppliers, etc to facilitate applicant database. Uses alternative sources for applicants such as internet sourcing, employee referral programs, job fairs, etc.
· Assists in facilitating the new-hire process including orientation, coordination of physical examinations/drug testing and ensuring the appropriate and timely processing of new-hire paperwork.
· Identifies appropriate newspapers, trade journals and other publications to attract candidates for professional positions. Places advertisements as approved.
· Maintains appropriate records and statistics and prepares reports as necessary.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, industrial relations, liberal arts or related field preferred
· Three or more years of recruiting/employment experience
· Experience working with recruiting techniques and employment policies and procedures, including EEO and ADA regulations
· Experience working with human resources principles, practices and procedures
· Experience working with human resources laws and regulations
· Communication and presentation skills
· Good interpersonal skills for interacting with management and employees on employment issues
· Good interviewing skills for establishing rapport with candidate and gathering information for hiring decisions
· Good interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining rapport with referral sources and surrounding community
· Comprehension skills for understanding needs and concerns and developing and applying solutions
· Organization and time management skills
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment