· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, to meet contractual/project requirements for several major portions of a program.
· Ensures compliance with internal customer procedures, such as government procurement regulations. Implements program plan requirements and coordinates or performs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans.
· Assists in developing financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements.
· Monitors progress of program requirements. Monitors cost performance against plans to ensure contractual cost obligations are met.
· Performs moderately complex financial/administrative reporting for major contracts and/or programs. Prepares moderately complex financial/administrative reports and distributes to customers/user organizations.
· Provides weekly and monthly transactional and pricing support to programs including reviewing subcontractor and vendor invoices to verify costs and codes for payment, auditing employee travel voucher submissions and setting up labor categories and rates in accounting systems.
· Conducts moderately complex financial analysis including variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc. Performs some non-routine analyses and prepares some non-routine financial reports.
· Acts as a liaison between operations and other administrative support organizations on financial issues. Interfaces with subcontractors, vendors and customers as required.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience in finance or accounting
· For public sector: Two or more years of experience working with program control techniques in the federal contracting environment with some experience tailoring to contract type and risk
· Experience working with pricing including, where appropriate, federal contract pricing
· Experience working with accounting principles, software and databases
· Experience working with financial analysis
· Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather information from personnel
· Communication skills
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Work coordination skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment