· Job Description:
Analyzes complex insurance information, estimates liability, assesses risk and formulates investment strategies to estimate financial outcomes and develops evaluation and reporting standards. Provides data and information to appropriate public agencies or agents regarding liability or regulatory compliances. Acts as a subject matter expert for actuarial calculations.
Essential Job Functions
· Conducts highly complex risk analyses using mathematical modeling techniques and statistical concepts; determines probability and assesses potential risk. Leads calculation of estimates on intensive product solutions. Acts as the subject matter expert for actuarial calculations.
· Summarizes and prepares reports to advise management of implications of analyses with regard to potential risk issues; recommends potential courses of action and follows through on recommendations as approved.
· Advises management on the administration of insurance scenarios to reduce liabilities and ensure regulatory compliance. Works with various stakeholders and client and company senior management to enhance understanding of actuarial concepts. Represents the company in actuarial and technology discussions with clients; ensures solutions meet client needs.
· Interacts with clients to gather information regarding circumstances and potential risks in order to ensure clients are properly informed about insurance risks.
· Works with information technology professionals to develop systems to ensure compliance with requirements of regulatory bodies. Evaluates programs created by less experienced staff, ensuring adherence to company and client specifications.
· Calculates premium rates, funding rates for pension scenarios, asset liability modeling, product developments, and profit testing in order to predict future liabilities; conducts periodic valuations of assets and liabilities.
· Provides data and information to appropriate public agencies or agents regarding liability or regulatory compliances.
· Provides advice and counsel to others within the organization concerning insurance risk; creates recommendations regarding appropriate courses of action.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Leads the design and delivery of complex, comprehensive product based business, enterprise level solutions using customized methods and products. Leads complex product design, analysis and programming to meet client needs. Leads bug verification and release testing for assigned products. Researches escalated issues and determines resolution.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in actuarial sciences or related field preferred
· Twelve or more years of actuarial experience
· FSA designation preferred
· Experience working with actuarial statistical methods
· Experience working with insurance practices and regulatory policies
· Experience working with organizational insurance procedures and policies
· Experience working with insurance technology applications and software
· Strong communication skills
· Strong computer and statistical equipment skills
· Strong organization and planning skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to create and present actuarial science reports of findings
· Office environment