· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Provides technical expertise in network design for client(s). Assists in the technical evaluation and assessment of new and/or existing technologies. Performs system capacity planning to ensure appropriate growth and evolution of systems.
· Interacts with client(s) and internal engineering groups to create and/or review requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs.
· Works with other engineering and support personnel to document and implement installation, provisioning, troubleshooting, monitoring, performance analysis, reporting and other operation flows. Implements guidelines for technology deployment.
· Tests network(s) to evaluate the design, performance and features of the design. Identifies issues, recommends and implements solutions.
· Provides technical support to management and customers to identify and resolve operational issues.
· Assists in conducting training programs for client(s) on product technical capabilities and associated efforts.
· Conducts network assessments to validate enterprise baseline and provide context for future network direction.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
· Nine or more years of experience in network engineering, architecture or systems engineering
· Experience working with networking, telecommunications and internetworking protocols and standards
· Experience working with network design and analysis
· Experience working with protocols and technologies such as IP, BGP, IGMP, DNS, HTTP, etc.
· Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with clients, senior level personnel and team members
· Communication skills
· Leadership skills to guide clients
· Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
· Ability to integrate complex systems
· Office environment