· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Strong SAS programming skills.
· Experience with MXG and/or CA-MICS.
· Experience with custom or purchased chargeback systems.
· Advanced skills in JCL, TSO/ISPF, IBM Utilities, RMF/CMF, etc.
· MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
· Knowledge and understanding of Mainframe environments including z/OS and z/VM, z/Linux fundamentals, hardware, storage, etc.
· Knowledge of Mainframe DBMS and OLTP subsystems: DB2, IMS,CICS, etc.
· Experience with SMF/RMF data analysis.
· Ability to design and develop reports of various Mainframe metrics for service level reporting.
· Math and Statistical knowledge preferred.
· Background or expertise in other mainframe technical capacity would be a plus (Systems programming, Capacity Planning, Performance analysis, Storage admin, etc.)
· Ability to research new environments and existing systems independently, to determine system usage and modifications needed.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, management information systems, systems engineering or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming, or naval architecture.
· Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
· Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
· Experience working with hardware or software design methods and processes
· Experience working with design principles and applications
· Basic analytical and creative problem solving skills for creation and testing of software systems
· Basic organization skills to balance and prioritize work
· Basic communication skills to provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
· Basic interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to integrate hardware and software systems
· Office environment