· Job Description:
Designs, develops and executes all testing-related activities on applications, infrastructure or hardware components of IT solutions. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, establishing testing strategy and plan, analysis of business requirements & designs for testability, design and development of test cases, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test scripts, and execution of various testing types such as System, system Integration, performance and modeling. Develops the Testing components of application solutions by applying knowledge of service offerings, capabilities, innovation, sales pursuit strategy, Testing & Quality Methodology and best practices to collaborate with the Project team and client to deliver high quality solutions. Works within the Services function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies.
· Participates as a member of a Testing Team.
· Utilizing the EDS Testing Methodology, analyzes testing requirements as the basis for developing testing scenarios for a test level to be executed on a project.
· Designs testing scenarios and test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional and non- functional requirements, relative to the test level, as defined in business or technical specifications.
· Executes tasks related to the production of the Test Plan, test cases, test scripts, and test data.
· Analyzes the results of the testing process and recommends solutions.
· Understands and uses appropriate automated testing processes and tools.
· Supports knowledge management and collaboration through participation in testing discussions, communities and improving testing collateral through lessons learned.
Education and Experience Required:
· Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 1-2 years of related experience.
· May include highly experienced individuals performing entry-level equivalent work who are non-degreed or degreed in an unrelated field.
Knowledge and Skills:
· 1-2 years experience in Writing and executing Test cases, Test scripts.
· Knowledgeable in testing and development methodologies and their interaction.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in testing analysis and design, functional and performance models, and test specifications to: develop functional models for testing, develop performance models for testing, evaluate and validate test cases and scripts, validate functional models for testing, validate performance models for testing, develop test specifications, validate test specifications, validate testing coverage, escalate quality issues for resolution, evaluate test automation tools and validate testing environment in order to develop test specifications.
· Proficient in testing processes and tools to: execute test cases and scripts, analyze test results, report on testing progress and results, facilitate defect resolution and document final test results in order to execute testing engagement.
· Knowledgeable of testing processes and testing metrics to: review test summary report, provide testing project feedback and archive testing assets in order to verify completion of testing.